• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Okkkk I need some assistance

noisydroid

Jul 15, 2012
I am on the verge of dumping this phone and going back to the iPhone for the following reason:

Phone in sleep mode, I press the power button to wake it and I swipe to unlock, and I get no response. So I have to swipe again.

This is really some crap. Can someone shed some light as to how I can fix this because I can not live with it, 100%. It's really pissing me off. Help!

There's a few things you can do:

Try a different lockscreen type. Either no lock, a pattern, pin, etc. See if that works for you.

Get a different lockscreen app. Go Locker or Widget locker are good.

If you want to keep the stock lockscreen app: You might have to factory reset the unit. Something might be goofed up in the UI and needs to be cleared out.

Also, are you rooted? If you're rooted and installed a custom ROM that has a CPU sleeper script, this can cause it, too.

Upvote 0
I am on the verge of dumping this phone and going back to the iPhone for the following reason:

Phone in sleep mode, I press the power button to wake it and I swipe to unlock, and I get no response. So I have to swipe again.

This is really some crap. Can someone shed some light as to how I can fix this because I can not live with it, 100%. It's really pissing me off. Help!

No such thing. Your device is most likely defective.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones