1. Tablet future looks bright! Read more about: Alcatel Xess | Samsung Galaxy View
    New Forums: Alcatel Xess | Samsung Galaxy View
    Dismiss Notice

Old Alltel Hero...can it be changed?

Last Updated:

1. bald7genie

bald7genie New Member

I have an older Alltel Hero that's running 2.1, but I'm with Verizon now. Is there any way to change it to the Verizon system? Do I just drop it in their donate box? What can I do?

Advertisement
  2. Slug

Slug Check six! Moderator

Is Alltel a CDMA or a GSM network?
  3. Xyro

Xyro 4 8 15 16 23 42 Moderator

^CDMA

Thread moved to the Sprint/CDMA Hero section.
  4. LBPHeretic

LBPHeretic Well-Known Member

I am pretty sure you can not use it on the Verizon network. You could just sell it on eBay or Craigslist.

Sprint HTC Hero handsets tend to make about $80.00 to $100.00 on eBay, so an Alltel one might make a similar amount. So, it might be worth your while to sell it if you can.
  5. bald7genie

bald7genie New Member

It was on a DEMAND network I believe.
  6. bald7genie

bald7genie New Member

Sorry I meant cdma.
  7. DonB

DonB ♡ Spidey Sense !! ♡ ™ Moderator

Cannot switch it to Verizon, they are GSM

bald7genie likes this.
  8. LBPHeretic

LBPHeretic Well-Known Member

Neither Verizon nor Alltel uses GSM, unless you count LTE, but that is obviously not the case with this handset. They both use CDMA like Sprint. :D

You cannot switch it because Verizon just does not support that handset. Like I said in my post above, you should just try to sell it and make some money off of it. ;)
  9. fredrick1213

fredrick1213 Well-Known Member

You could flash it, or have someone else flash it, to the Verizon network. I flashed my Sprint HTC Hero to Cricket a few weeks ago and it's fully working. I also flashed it to Verizon (on accident - I used the wrong prl) so I say it's definitely possible.
  10. DonB

DonB ♡ Spidey Sense !! ♡ ™ Moderator

It is not possible, you can roam on their networks but you cannot flash it to work on their system