old Blackberry user, How to put blackberry notepad files into an android notepad app?Support

Last Updated:

1. Noah1985A

Noah1985A New Member This Topic's Starter

Hello,

so i sold my blackberry curve and got the desire Z and saved all my notepad.. sorry Memmopad files to my computer Via outlook express... so now ive got these outlook express files which are in the form of .msg and i really like color notepad alot but it seems to only create files that are .html or something... so its cool that u can email those and send them where ever buts not really a physical file that i can save to my computer,,, edit via notepad or word and save back to my phone....

does anyone have any suggestions aside from manually going and typing each note back into my new phone? cuz that would take quite a while not that each note is long... in fact most of them are short, but theres like 150 of these small little handy notes for myself...

any advise would be helpful

thank you

Advertisement
  2. Xuthus

Xuthus Well-Known Member

I looked on Android Market and there is a large range of notepad applications - so many it is hard to choose between them. There may even be more notepad apps than you have notes.

Other than waiting to see if someone else from this forum jumps in with a recommendation I'd try opening the .msg files on your PC with notepad, wordpad or even word if you have it and see if you can see the text you typed in. There may be other junk in the file too but if you can select your text and copy it into a plain text file you're at least a step forward.

Regarding the .html files these should be files written in a markup language called HTML which is used for web pages. Although you won't initially get plenty of colours you can convert a text file into an HTML file by pasting the text between the <p> and </p> in the following template:

<html>
    <body>
    <p></p>
    </body>
    </html>

You'd also need to change any & characters to the sequence &amp; (including the semincolon) any < characters to the sequence &lt; and any > characters to the sequence &gt;

Last time I looked MS Word could also save in HTML format or you could also use a web page editing program.