Old Country Buffet...

1. Well on my way home from the set I decided to stop at OCB for a bite to eat. Dining alone is not something I really enjoy doing. While eating my salad I noticed Mr Evo had a strong 4g signal so I decided to pass the time with a little Sprint TV. I put on Cougar Town and realized what a fantastic feature the TV really is. So I'm eating and watching and someone walks by and I hear My God what is that? a TV?

I'm like no its a phone. Well this little contraption started a big commotion at the buffet everyone wanting to see it in action and no one could believe the picture quality. The best thing was no one called it an IPhone once. Everyone wanted to know what it costs and where to get it. It's to bad HTC screwed up and they don't have ample supply of these handsets they would be selling every one. Sprint needs to advertise this handset better but then again if its in short supply why bother if you don't have inventory. Sprint TV is a real sweet feature don't forget to use it.

Advertisement
    dan330, BenChase7, damewolf13 and 2 others like this.
  2. novox77

novox77 Leeeroy Jennnkinnns! VIP Member

Yeah, Sprint TV is the only system app I didn't remove when I rooted my phone. It has good potential, especially as more content providers decide to release content.

Although, I suspect that once I'm on Froyo, I'll be using Hulu for most of my "tv" needs.

Hulu on Froyo:
    Working Hulu On FroYo - xda-developers
  3. surfologist87

surfologist87 Well-Known Member

really. thats a funny story.
    ill check it out tonight! haha
  4. Rob_A

Rob_A Well-Known Member

Hold on a second.... you went to a buffet by yourself? :D

(cool story though) Sprint TV has full episodes? I haven't bothered with it 2 years
  5. Crodley

Crodley Well-Known Member

So... sprint tv works with 4g but not wifi? silly, that. I assume the image is clearer than with 3g? I am not lucky enough to have experienced 4g, yet.

p.s. I guess the moral of your story is you're never eating alone when you have the evo with you! :)
    EarlyMon likes this.

6. Exactly! With 4G the TV is flawless.
  7. sprint tv would be cool if they actually had a decent line up....but more importantly, you are working in chicago and you want to old country buffet. ****. if you gotta eat cheap, at least go to portillo's or something
  8. I ate at Portillo's yesterday. Jumbo dog with everything I agree ..yum yum
  9. potbelly is also a good choice that is cheap and isn't old county buffet.

yeah, i'm a snob. lol
  10. ARR22

ARR22 Well-Known Member

There is nothing wrong with OCB. :D
  11. natty light is to beer as OCB is to eating out.

but i'm spoiled now.
  12. PyroSporker

PyroSporker Well-Known Member

Old Country Buffet?!
    By Yourself!?
    Cougar Town!?!

You take the cake with this one
    jimmysworking and stainlessray like this.
  13. edriggers

edriggers Well-Known Member

Superdawg or bust.
  14. damewolf13

damewolf13 live~laugh~love VIP Member

Natty light? Is that like a tiny infestation of head lice that you get rid of with beer?
  15. this thread has nasty all over it.
  16. frankiepapa

frankiepapa Well-Known Member

back to the subject of sprint tv......i must say after looking at this thread yesterday, i went on sprint tv last night, cougar town as the op did and i must say....it was working very well on 3g..it has always been a bit spotty but i was more impressed last night. i will try it on 4g the next time i am in the area but i now have a bit more renewed belief in the service!!
  17. it's a cool service, no doubt, but there isn't anything interesting to watch...
  18. Complex757

Complex757 Well-Known Member

OCB is still open?

All of them closed around here
  19. consider yourself lucky. :D
  20. MyFishWagon

MyFishWagon Well-Known Member

This thread is full of WIN !
  21. Yea there are quite a few in the Chicago area. They also own Ryan's and Hometown buffet and one other I think something called Fire Mountain. It seems that certain areas have one or the other. Ryan's is the best of the three. None of them are as good as Golden Corral however.
  22. for the cost of any of those places you can go to the store and get a steak and side. grill it up and wash it down with a beer. much better.

friends don't let friends eat at buffets (of any kind)
    centauress and edriggers like this.
  23. Complex757

Complex757 Well-Known Member

Yeah, I prefer Golden Corral.

You're eating at the wrong locations

Chinese, Mongolian and Seafood Buffets can be pretty good
  24. zombdroid

zombdroid Well-Known Member

I want 4G :(
  25. dan330

dan330 Well-Known Member

so.. any comments on your 0-ring fix for the camera lens??
    :p :D ;)