• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

old G1 user

I studied and studied the android system before I chose the G1, then waited for it to 'drop' on October 22, 2008. I bought mine on October 24, 2008. I bought it cuz I saw the issue with apple only putting there software on 1 device, just like they did with there software for computers. And regardless of them having a possibly superior computer OS, the rest of the world uses Windows software.

I saw this coming true with the Android software for mobile devices... and I didn't believe that windows would be viable against googles onslaught. I looked at the situation, and saw the possibility of many phones, and many developers coming to Android and making it even better then ifraud phones...

while I have yet to see this, I still believe that this can come to fruition. I love 'wowing' my friends with what android 1.6 can do... but am frustrated when I see the verizon droid do more, and my phone can do the same if it were only to be upgraded... I would even buy the upgrade if it were allowed. I don't wanna 'root' my phone as I am not up to it, and don't have the balls to 'brick' a phone that I spent so much money and time on. I want it to be an official OTA that updates the phone. I dealt with android 1.0, loved the upgrade to cupcake, and look at donut as nearly equal to iphone 3g... but not 3gs... that's eclairs and flans job... and as far as I know, I may not get those upgrades.

I want, and need, nexus one. I believe with all my heart, soul, mind, brain, and wallet, that android is the wave of the future, waiting to be a tsunami to the iphones south pacific. excuse the metaphor please.

so that's me. a early android believer, wanting to upgrade to the newest. I believe in tmobile. I love the customer service, and the fact that they were the first to believe and distribute the android way of mobile life...

in the voice of a poster on Fox Mulders basement office... "I want to believe." in Android.

I believe our money talks... And my money is waiting on Nexus One... just as it did for G1... Maybe I just like 1's???

Welcome to AF!
xmassmile.gif

I hope you had a good Christmas (if you celebrate it) and have a happy new year
rudolf.gif

Upvote 0
I studied and studied the android system before I chose the G1, then waited for it to 'drop' on October 22, 2008. I bought mine on October 24, 2008. I bought it cuz I saw the issue with apple only putting there software on 1 device, just like they did with there software for computers. And regardless of them having a possibly superior computer OS, the rest of the world uses Windows software.

I saw this coming true with the Android software for mobile devices... and I didn't believe that windows would be viable against googles onslaught. I looked at the situation, and saw the possibility of many phones, and many developers coming to Android and making it even better then ifraud phones...

while I have yet to see this, I still believe that this can come to fruition. I love 'wowing' my friends with what android 1.6 can do... but am frustrated when I see the verizon droid do more, and my phone can do the same if it were only to be upgraded... I would even buy the upgrade if it were allowed. I don't wanna 'root' my phone as I am not up to it, and don't have the balls to 'brick' a phone that I spent so much money and time on. I want it to be an official OTA that updates the phone. I dealt with android 1.0, loved the upgrade to cupcake, and look at donut as nearly equal to iphone 3g... but not 3gs... that's eclairs and flans job... and as far as I know, I may not get those upgrades.

I want, and need, nexus one. I believe with all my heart, soul, mind, brain, and wallet, that android is the wave of the future, waiting to be a tsunami to the iphones south pacific. excuse the metaphor please.

so that's me. a early android believer, wanting to upgrade to the newest. I believe in tmobile. I love the customer service, and the fact that they were the first to believe and distribute the android way of mobile life...

in the voice of a poster on Fox Mulders basement office... "I want to believe." in Android.

I believe our money talks... And my money is waiting on Nexus One... just as it did for G1... Maybe I just like 1's???

Welcome to the AF forums and enjoy your visits !! :cool:

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones