Old Indulge #General

Last Updated: 2012-11-27 19:16:33
  1. jmwinf146

jmwinf146 Well-Known Member

I was looking at my old Samsung Indulge and noticed no internet but full bars. In settings it has my phone number. Is this Joker still active? What if I want to put it on eBay?

Advertisement
  2. Unforgiven

Unforgiven -.. --- - / -.. .- ... .... Moderator

I'll have to check my old OG Droid when I get home. I know it still shows the signal strength (and sync's time oddly enough) but I don't know about showing the old phone number. In truth, it probably doesn't as I never activated it with a carrier after the I last flashed a rom.

I would do a factory reset and wipe data and cache before you try to sell it (good practice anyway). When it reboots, bypass the activation and make sure your phone number is cleared out. If it's all set, factory reset again, and when it boots to the activation screen, turn it off and it should be ready for a buyer.
  3. jmwinf146

I did a factory reset a few times and phone number still shows. Don't know if I unrooted or not. I think I did and put stock rom back on. Not sure if wipe cashe will clear the number or not.
  4. Unforgiven

If you can wait until I get home from work, I'll check my old phone.
    jmwinf146 likes this.
  5. jmwinf146

Lol I'm stuck at work too. Over time weeeee..... I should find my Droid Eris and check it as well. I'm thinking all this has something to do with the programing done at MetroPCS store.
  6. averagewonder

averagewonder Well-Known Member

Its showing your number because that's the last one programed to it. And its showing signal because its still picking up signal even if its not activated
    jmwinf146 and Unforgiven like this.
  7. Unforgiven

That's what I thought may have been happening. I just figured a factory reset would clear it up.
  8. averagewonder

averagewonder Well-Known Member

It shouldnt make the number go away.
  9. jmwinf146

Yeah he's right. Does not call, send txt or Web. So all is good.