Old (read) hotmail emails not showing up

1. CJPalermo21

CJPalermo21 Active Member

My incredible stopped booting yesterday, so I needed to do a full factory reset.

I've added back my email accounts, but, for some reason, when I add back my hotmail account, it is only showing one email (even though I have 16 messages in the hotmail inbox).

Those messages, admittedly, range in date from 9/18/11 to 10/8/12, and 8 of them are from the last month. I'm not sure what setting isn't correct. In the past, all 16 messages (well, 15 ... one came in yesterday) always showed up (as read) in my hotmail mail folder.

Any suggestions?

Advertisement
  2. sdrawkcab25

sdrawkcab25 Guides Guide

Are you using the stock email app? From what I remember there is options in the settings menu to retrieve older messages.
    CJPalermo21 likes this.
  3. CJPalermo21

Yes, I am using the stock email app.

There is an option under "send & receive" (under settings) and I have selected to download "all" messages (irrespective of date .... I have options to download by 3 days and up, etc., I've chosen "all").
  4. sdrawkcab25

sdrawkcab25 Guides Guide

Still no luck though? How long have you had it set up that way? Might take a while for them to download...:confused: Might be worth a try to go into your hotmail account from a PC and mark the emails as unread, so they will be pushed to your phone again.

Only other thing I could recommend would be to try another email app, such as, k-9 or Touchdown. One last thing you could check is the pop3 settings in your actual hotmail account. You can get to them from a desktop browser/PC. The settings may have changed since hotmail is converting to "Outlook".
    CJPalermo21 likes this.
  5. CJPalermo21

It's been about 24 hours ... no new mail.

Did change everything to unread ... nothing pushed.

I will probably check k-9, I guess ......... I declined converting to "outlook" (actually, I did, then found there's no support for droid phones, etc. -- so I switched back).
  6. CJPalermo21

Checked K-9 -- no good (doesn't support MS exchange)

Seems like there's NO mail app (certainly not for free) -- that will handle imap, hotmail and MS exchange .....
  7. sdrawkcab25

sdrawkcab25 Guides Guide

Weird, I gave up on hotmail a while ago on my phone (I use a galaxy nexus now), I really only use it on my iPad:eek:, and emails seemed to have stopped pushing to that about 2 months ago, so I think something must have changed :confused: I think it's more of a hotmail problem then an android problem.

An ugly option would be to have your emails forwarded to your gmail account.
  8. CJPalermo21

I dunno - problem was that I had to hard reset my phone yesterday and since then, my hotmail emails don't show up .... that's too much of a coincidence.

Although - here's something else interesting. We have two Incredibles (my wife and I) -- we've had them for 20 months. We've NEVER gone over 300mb of data in a MONTH in that time.

We just switched to a "share everything" plan (with 1gb of data). After the reset yesterday, I got a 50% data used alert at 3pm (so, that's already 500mb). I got a 75% alert at 8pm)... prior to the reset, we had used about 175mb for the month. From 10am through 8pm yesterday, we used 600mb! (and the verizon rep is telling me, "well, this is a little unusual" ....) sigh .....
  9. sdrawkcab25

sdrawkcab25 Guides Guide

After the factory reset though, you redownloaded apps and resynched data over the cell network? (or wifi?)

There is an official hotmail app in the market too... Wonder if that will work.
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.hotmail.Z7&hl=en
  10. CJPalermo21

Over wifi .... waited til I got to a Thruway stop to get them.

The official hotmail app doesn't let you retrieve messages older than 30 days :(

It's like a cluster*** of "nearly-there" apps.....
  11. sdrawkcab25

sdrawkcab25 Guides Guide

Another ugly solution, forward the emails you want to yourself, this way they definitely show up as new.