Old school gamers?

1. VMDroid

VMDroid Member

I just dug out my Dreamcast, reliving the olden days of playing worms world party and crazy taxi. Any collectors here? Or those who remember playing the Atari Jaguar or Panasonic 3DO?

Advertisement
    :
  2. 9to5cynic

9to5cynic Well-Known Member

Nope, but I recall the ol' Genesis days. Vector Man FTW!
    Also super nintendo, but didn't everyone play that? Oh, we had a 2600 when I was a kid, but hardly ever played it. I remember this breakout game where an evil-doer dropped bombs on you and you caught them with a bucket of water. So much fun. And a cheesy circus game...
  3. Dark Jedi

Dark Jedi Guest

Ah yes the 2600. I remember space invaders and how I flipped the score back to zero. The one game I was ever good at. First time I almost flipped it my mom came in and said I am watching tv and turned the game off. I nearly died lol.
  4. trophynuts

trophynuts Well-Known Member

game system's i've had

NES
    Game Boy
    TG16
    Turbo Duo
    Genesis
    Super Nintendo
    PS1
    Xbox
    PS3
    Xbox 360
  5. 9to5cynic

That's awesome. Too intense for me, I actually was (maybe still am) pretty horrible at video games. Probably only beat the first level or two of pacman.... Would only get to world 2-1 in all the platformer games (original mario and whatever sonic game I had [green world 1 etc.]).
  6. VMDroid

VMDroid Member

Yeah I remember the early 90's, unfortunately I was a Nintendo fanboy and dismissed sega without seeing how great their systems and games really were. Never had a 2600 but I played the emulator a lot.
  7. draytalon

draytalon Member

Well here you go, i was grocery shopping at Kroger with the wife and i came across an Atari 2600 games console with the joysticks, the only difference, no cartridge slot, but it comes preinstalled with 100 atari games, i think it's 100, this can be bought for $29.99. Ah the memories, but i started out on an Amstrad CPC464 Color, full keyboard with integrated tape deck and it could plug directly into a regular tv or you could by there green screen monitor. Those where the days.
  8. TxGoat

TxGoat Guest

I still have a working Atari 2600 and an Oddessey 2 from Magnavox (old 70's system).

If you want to relive some of your old 8 bit Nintendo games, nintendo8.com - play Nintendo 8-bit games online (no download required) Use it responsibly......(although I admit I played The Legend of Zelda for 6 hours straight one day)....

Oh and here's a list of all the Nintendo games you can play. Not a complete library, but damn more games than the Asian kid down the street....

9. cogzewalla

cogzewalla New Member

This really makes me miss my Turbografx-16. Is anyone aware if there is an android emulator for this system? I still have Keith Courage. =D
  10. Glaice

Glaice Member

Does Doom count?
  11. 9to5cynic

Google tiger gbc, it'll take you to the dev site. They *might* have one for the turbografx... They had quite a few of them

(Also, I've said this a lot lately, MGS for gbc = really fun!) Though, 2000 games don't really seem all that 'old school' do they? :p
  12. swarmconnect

swarmconnect Member

Every now and again I bust out the NES and fire up some Contra, Zelda, and Mario 3 :). Nothin like a little retro gaming!
  13. rrbrambley

rrbrambley New Member

To me, THE classics are most definitely Metroid and Super Metroid. I still think of those from time to time and dream of developing something like them.
  14. nickdalzell

nickdalzell Well-Known Member Contributor

i made a thread earlier about some personal favotite games that date back to the Apple //e and DOS. i still play them in VMs or in Dosbox. currently i got a TI-99/4-A emulator (Hunt the Wumpus, Alpiner anyone?) and Apple //e emulator (Ultima IV, Number Munchers, Oregon Trail?) and DOS (too many to list!)

Alpiner w/ speech enabled (really does sound human, too!)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6GN497HptGE&feature=related
  15. FredParks

FredParks Active Member

Anyone remember "Kick Start"? A biking game where you had to jump obstacles and see how far you could get. If I've got the name right, that's a real old school game.

Punch Out was another that my brother and I use to play.
  16. Covart

Covart Well-Known Member

Atari 2600 on a 13" black and white TV. Back when there was only 11 channels of TV and UHF , you had to use rabbit ears and tinfoil. Then came the Commodore 64 with a tape drive and the first all text consumer oriented bbs's. Ahh, those were the days.
  17. jroc

jroc Well-Known Member

Forgot about the 3DO...lol.

The TG16....Bonk's Adventure. I mention that game to my kids now n then. All the gaming systems went to a standard format for games. And its only like 3 systems out basically. Good thing about the TG16.....I could probably fit 10 games in 1 pocket...lol.

I remember a game called Excite Bike for the NES. Looks like EB was inspired by Kick Start.

Sega systems.....Madden was great on Sega systems. That means you never experienced Sonic the Hedgehog when it was new to the world...you missed out on some fun times...lol.

I said it before....we can fight over Android vs iPhone all day...but for games I am extremely unbiased. I plan on getting a Wii U for me and my kids. (they live with their mother) Need to sell my Wii to somebody...or I might keep it since I have lots of old school games on it. Dont know how mod friendly the Wii U will be.

My console list looks like Trophynuts list. I didnt have a Gameboy or Turbo Duo, had a Coleco Vision, Dream Cast or Saturn cant remember, Sega Master System, PS2, Game Cube and N64 also. Have a Vita. Still have my PS2 and orig Xbox. Still play them to this day...I got games to finish ....lol.
  18. CVL

CVL Well-Known Member

I know the question was asked a year ago, but in case someone's still interested, there's a great emulator for the NEC consoles called PCE.emu. Air Zonk, TV Sports Basketball, Hockey and Football, OutRun, Time Crisis and all the other classics I still own on cartridge also work on this emulator. A really wonderful application. If you like the idea of having Turbografx- and PC Engine games available on your tablet or smartphone this emulator is well worth the money.
    jroc likes this.