1. In regards to recently combined carrier specific root forums, if your device forum was affected, please see this poll/thread!

Olympics London 2012!

1. naviwilliams

naviwilliams Well-Known Member

So, let's talk Olympics London 2012!

Who's going to win what?

Did you know the Olympics actually started today 25th July, with Women's Football?

Okay, let's do this...

Advertisement
  2. saptech

saptech Well-Known Member

3. naviwilliams

Thus far I like them. Even more so I like the new feature offered on my AT&T U-Verse; multiple channels on one screen, etc. rather impressive...
  4. naviwilliams

One day to go...

I wish someone would have create an app or a ticker for Windows XP & 7. People use to create those all the time for the World Cup, etc.
  5. naviwilliams

...no other interests in the Olympics?
  6. naviwilliams

Surely someone else, besides me is looking forward to the opening ceremony of the Olympics, no?
  7. 9to5cynic

9to5cynic Well-Known Member

Hey London - Imma let you finish, but China had the best Olympic opening ceremony ever!

;)

This one was -- weird to say the least. Wasn't expecting He Who Must Not Be Named!
    Rxpert83 likes this.
  8. coco3133

coco3133 Well-Known Member

I feel sorry for the drummers, Damn they must be sore haha
  9. Speed Daemon

Speed Daemon Disabled

Mike Oldfield? :confused:

I think that the ending more than made up for the beginning.
  10. dylo22

dylo22 Well-Known Member

The Brits did a decent job in their opening ceremony, but I agree that it paled in comparison to the Beijing opening ceremony. I don't think any country can top what China did in 2008.
  11. mikedt

mikedt 你好 Guide

;)

Yes, agreed absolutely.

Only thing I really liked was Mr. Bean in Chariots of Fire, my Chinese and Mongolian friends seemed to think that was the best part as well. Arctic Monkeys was terrible, but then I always hated britpop. Overall I thought it was a rather self indulgent showcase of Britain in the past.
  12. saptech

A good first basketball game between USA & Croatia, the women. They kept it close for awhile...
  13. breadnatty08

breadnatty08 pain rustique VIP Member

14. saptech

It's good they reversed that decision, It didn't look like he had a false start.
  15. breadnatty08

breadnatty08 pain rustique VIP Member

I'm no judge of any sort, but "judging" by what the sportscasters were saying and seeing it, I think they made the right decision by reversing it.
  16. pseudoware

pseudoware Well-Known Member

I predict USA will win gold in basketball
    :D

I was recently in London. Awesome city!

uploadfromtaptalk1343498900754.jpg
  17. mikedt

mikedt 你好 Guide

I like the look of the medal table so far.

G S B T
    1 People's Republic of China 5 1 2 8
    2 United States of America 2 2 2 6
    3 Italy 2 2 1 5
  18. naviwilliams

I'm English, from Hackney. I'm not being bias, but the opening ceremony was very well done. I will say this, there were a lot of things shown, that to me, unless you're from the UK, you just simply wouldn't get.

Anyway, in other news, it is a shame that Spain lost today; to me they played better, even more so in the second half. Mata was outstanding...
  19. saptech

Lil Gabby is doing a grand in gymnastics...I hope she win the gold tonite!
  20. saptech

I'm liking it now.. :D

[​IMG]
  21. naviwilliams

This weekend will really change things. Looking forward to Track & Field...
  22. naviwilliams

Is everyone ready?
  23. Stuntman

Stuntman Well-Known Member

Serena Williams just crushed everyone on her way to Olympic Gold. It's amazing how she is so much better than the top two seeds. It wasn't like Azarenka and Sharapova played poorly. Serena just played so much better.
  24. naviwilliams

True! I like Serena, albeit I didn't appreciate the 'shouting' & 'laughing' towards Sharapova at the end of the match...
  25. pbf98

pbf98 Well-Known Member Contributor

Watched water polo and womens indoor volley ball yesterday to watch USA win both, I was worried for volley ball against Turkey, they were up 13 - 7 and US was not looking good, but then they made a come back and won all 3 rounds.

Having only played water polo in gym class a few times years ago I was left confused for much of the game, where sometimes it was alright to dunk the person with the ball and other times they would get an exclusion, I just wasn't sure what was going on the whole time haha