• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root OM to Admire

As long as you rightfully own both phones doing an ESN swap is clearly NOT illegal. On the other hand if you took someone else's phone and are trying to steal an ESN number it's illegal as hell! On that note you simply will NOT find out how to do any of this on this forum. I have done this on tons of phones but the phones are registered or were both legitimately purchased by the owner. SO you will not find out how to do any of that on this forum. Good luck acquiring the 16 digit password :p

Upvote 0
Although I see absolutely no reason to do so if all you wanna do is swap the phone over. Dial ##626* and the password is 587846. Fill in the required info. If you have no idea where to acquire the info needed hook your phone up to CDMA Workshop or QPST and pull the min off the phone. MDN is YOUR phone number. SID should be 6503. BUT after you program all that info you need to still CHANGE your phone with the method above. Takes about 10 minutes to finish it all.

Upvote 0
As long as you rightfully own both phones doing an ESN swap is clearly NOT illegal. On the other hand if you took someone else's phone and are trying to steal an ESN number it's illegal as hell! On that note you simply will NOT find out how to do any of this on this forum. I have done this on tons of phones but the phones are registered or were both legitimately purchased by the owner. SO you will not find out how to do any of that on this forum. Good luck acquiring the 16 digit password :p

If you purposely zero out your MEID, you don't need the 16 digit password :p
I know how to, but I will not say how...

Upvote 0
Gonna make this short.... Reasons the phone wont work with its own esn:

Its listed as stolen

It has had its warantee used and listed as destroyed

If neither is true then you either have the wrong min or no prl.

With my ascend on cm7 I need to manually program the min when I switch to or from the phone.

With the optimus I manually added both my number and min using a combo of qpst and ##626*

I recomend flashing to stock and trying what I did in the "number is 000-000-xxxx" thread.

Upvote 0
basically what you are talking about doing is cloning the ESN etc from one phone to another, which is illegal btw ;) and thus cant and wont be discussed in the open, no matter how easy or simple it is to do. ;)

To get another phone on a carriers network LEGITIMATELY, you have to call and get the ESN added. they may or may not give you a new ESN. With Metro, you will have to be stock for them to even mess with it, and as they have put a end to MetroFlash you are prolly SOL anyhow. ;)

Reactions: Primed
Upvote 0
My router has the ability to support wifi channels 12-14... should I do this cuz it's MY device? No, the FCC would not like it if I did, and if they found out I was, i could get into alot of trouble for pirate radio(maybe not technically, but simply enough yes). Would they Know? probably not... Doesn't mean they can't and won't.

Same applies to cloning ESN's... except these devices are tracked, unlike my wifi router.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones