• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

omg a big help needed emergency

noctlucis

Lurker
Feb 15, 2013
i have an optimus vu
i plugged the cord on the wall to recharge and fell asleep
i used to plug with 220v but the place i am staying is 240v

when i woke up, the phone doesn't get turned on
i even tried the usb charging method by connecting to computer, but still no response. i remember when it charges, there is a light on the power button, and i can't see it. please help what should i do? before i plugged the cord on the wall, i plugged the usb on my laptop and i was able to charge fine (here where it is 240v)

Hi noctlucis, and welcome to AF,

As long as the charger meets European spec the difference between 220V and 240V should not matter - that's the range that exists within the EU, and all electrical equipment should work with either. The input voltage rating may be written on the charger somewhere.

That said your problem sounds serious, I'm just not sure whether that was the cause. I don't know LGs at all, but as generic suggestions I'd leave it switched off and disconnected for a while, remove the battery if you can, the when it's had time to cool give it another go (first at booting without charger, then at charging).

If nobody has any better suggestions and you cannot get any response it may need a hardware repair. But as I'm totally unfamiliar with LG I don't know how it would behave if eg the battery has died totally but the phone is otherwise ok.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones