• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

OMG I love my Desire Thread

I'm selling me Hero when my Desire arrives (Handtec gets stock tomorrow, I hope they ship mine out by 9am). I also love it even though I haven't received it yet, which probably means I'm building it my expectations too high. If I was coming from an iPhone then yes, it's a big jump, but not so much from a Hero.

Yes, "me" Hero. I'm British. *Not* English.

Upvote 0
Well I was a solid Nokia user of some 14 years (since the first Nokia on Orange). Never been tempted away, and never had any interest in an Iphone (too much telling me what I need/want)

UNTIL....

Mrs got her Galaxy Portal. I needed an Android fix, so got a stop gap Hero and retired my N96 to a trade in firm. Was loving how much quicker and smoother the hero was to use. Been using if for over a month, loving android to bits.

Then my real love the Desire was collected in-store last Thursday. It blows the Hero (as above still a great phone) away!

All the iphoners I've shown you can see want one, but still try and say they wouldnt swap theirs for the world. BS! I caught a few of them eyeing up pricing on the Desire soon after!
LOL

Upvote 0
It thought Great Britain = England, Wales, Scotland

United Kingdom = Great Britain + Northern Ireland

anyways... I digress... ;)
Don't want to digress further but this is how I've always had it defined in my head, however it turns out it's not as exact as I thought it was and there's no actual proper definition if I recall correctly... :)

Aaaaaand, back on topic, I love my Desire before it's even come, thanks to these forums for all the tips etc. and, also, a friend's got his today and has boosted my expectations further :p

Upvote 0
I placed my order yesterday hoping it will come sometime this week.

I did manage to have a go on one yesterday in the CarPhoneWarehouse. It was pretty stunning I must admit, the only thing I fear is that the lightning quick pace will slow considerably once I fill it with apps ala my Hero.

Nope, I loaded all the apps i had on my hero and this is still blazingly fast. With my Hero i could get up to 70M of memory free using a task killer. But it would drop down to 30 in like 5 mins. Current memory on my Desire with no task killer is 140M, just killed tasks and its gone over 200M

And I have a lot of widgets and exclued apps from being killed!!! :D

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones