• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

OMG Really Messed Up

wimpythewhite

Apr 22, 2010
Thought I was clever enough to try to root my Desire but fell at the very first hurdle and now seem to have some problems. I tried to format the sd card after backing up my apps (not everything else) Wasn't sure at first if this worked which I still have my doubts. However I did lose all my video and photos which I am not overly bothered about but have lost several important apps and now when I try to download them again from market the download just stops unacceptably and nothing happens. Cant get barcode scanner and many others despite leaving it downloading overnight. Anyclues.

So how far into the rooting process did you get? Was it just formatting yore SD card?

Sounds as if it did work as everything was deleted off the card. The Market is having issues at the moment. Have you tried again recently as mine have started again.

Also if the download does not start quickly don't bother leaving running overnight as that wont help. Give it a couple on minutes max.

Try again and if that does not work delete the cache from within settings > applications> manage applications> All applications> market.

Then try again :D

Upvote 0
So you didn't actually root? You just formatted the SD?

The market is having issues at the moment. Have you got everything reinstalled or is your phone still fresh? I would hold off on resetting for the moment.

Did you delete the cache and try again?

If not delete cache, switch phone off and on again and try again.

Upvote 0
So you didn't actually root? You just formatted the SD?

The market is having issues at the moment. Have you got everything reinstalled or is your phone still fresh? I would hold off on resetting for the moment.

Did you delete the cache and try again?

If not delete cache, switch phone off and on again and try again.

Just deleted the cache, managed to download dropbox from market with no issue but then it froze trying to download barcode scanner

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones