• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

OMG, so Samsung was "hell-bent" on beating Apple in 2012?!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Google had warned Samsung from copying Apple's designs

And the juicy details keep flowing in. Like we mentioned in our previous article about leaked iPhone prototype designs, the Apple vs. Samsung legal battle is resulting in a lot of never before seen information reaching the public through legal documents.

The latest bit of info comes regarding Samsung and how it was repeatedly warned against Apple's designs. One of the warnings came from Google themselves back in 2010, who noticed that Samsung's tablets

Whatever. Get over it. All smartphones look like black bars with a screen. What is Samsung supposed to do.....put a big pink fur strip around it so it doesn't look like a black bar?

NO. Samsung can't get over this because with all these damning evidence against them, they will surely lose. To be honest, I feel bad possessing a smartphone made by a major copycat. It's just like purchasing items from a thief.

Upvote 0
NO. Samsung can't get over this because with all these damning evidence against them, they will surely lose. To be honest, I feel bad possessing a smartphone made by a major copycat. It's just like purchasing items from a thief.

Sell it and get an iPhone?

I mean its like BMW suing Ford for making something similar, yes they both got 4 wheels and an engine but performance wise, both are quite different. The same applies for iPhone vs S3.

Reactions: F34R and rushmore
Upvote 0
Sell it and get an iPhone?

I'd rather Samsung give me back the full price I paid for two S3's, TWO! As a customer trying something new (coming from an iPhone which was quite original), I expected "everything" was fresh and I trusted Samsung to be "innovative" and not "solely intent" on "destroying" one of the world's greatest tech companies. This may be business and all but it would feel good to know that you are supporting an honest company.

Upvote 0
Google (the OS provider of Samsung) will not warn the latter if Google didn't think, in their higher judgment of the matter, that Samsung was already infringing on Apple.
I think what he is saying is that there is no documentation backing up any of the claims. It sounds like it was ripped out of a tabloid.

Reactions: rushmore
Upvote 0

If it bothers you, sell it and get an IPhone. Easy. ;)

Personally I find the Iphone to be tired, boring and very dated. I wonder why Samsung/Android didn't sue Apple for ripping them off when copying the pull down info window at the top. Of course Apple would make their Kool-Aid drinkers think this was an 'innovation'.

All this shows is that they all rip each other off. Samsung does not have a lock on 'copying' and anyone that thinks so is very naive.

Reactions: David56543
Upvote 0

The only problem is that the S3 leaps over the 4s in almost every respect except industrial design. I work for a company with about 800 employees and I interact with significant percentage of them. The people that ask my about my S3 the most, and there are a lot of them, are 90% 4 and 4s owners who would all be running out to abandon their beloved iphones for the GS3 if it weren't for the fact that they're holding out hope that the iPhone 5 will level the playing field again.

Upvote 0
And Apple copied Sony?

Apple v. Samsung court filings reveal Sony-inspired iPhone, kickstand-equipped iPad and other prototypes -- Engadget

Ridiculous.... If someone can mistake a galaxy tab for an iPad, that guy probably didn't know what he was buying or couldn't read. I am pretty sure it must be written beside the $$ sign, what it is....

Its all marketing. Apple is so good at it that people think smartphone means the iPhone and every smartphone sold must be an iPhone.

I remember my mother once told me she was getting a smartphone. I asked her what smartphone? She looked at me and couldn't understand what I meant. A week later she showed me her iPhone and I told her that was an iPhone, not THE ONLY smartphone. If anyone is trying to con anybody, its Apple marketing.

I hope Apple gets a tastes of their own medicine. Nokia should never have agreed to settle with Apple and sued their pants off for patent infringement.

Cheers

Upvote 0
I'd rather Samsung give me back the full price I paid for two S3's, TWO! As a customer trying something new (coming from an iPhone which was quite original), I expected "everything" was fresh and I trusted Samsung to be "innovative" and not "solely intent" on "destroying" one of the world's greatest tech companies. This may be business and all but it would feel good to know that you are supporting an honest company.

Honest = Apple? :hmmmm:

Upvote 0
Let's not forget Samsung also supply Apple with their screen's. Imo Apple deserve a bloody good hard kick up the a&* for acting like a spoilt brat just because it enjoyed huge success with the ipod and iphone series, oh wait, look at apple now, 'desperately' playing catch up with HTC & Samsung, nearly as desperately as Nokia and look how big Nokia were in the phone market back in the 90's-early 2000's. Nuff said.

Upvote 0
To be honest, who WOULDN't be hell bent on beating Apple? If you beat Apple, it means you are #1 in the world for mobile sales (Which by the way, for 2nd Q, TWICE as many phones as Apple). The article is clearly written with a pro-apple slant. The Best Buy stat is especially amusing. The packaging is completely different, and nowhere is there an Apple, or iPad on it... Seems to be it reveals more about the consumers buying it than the corporation making it :p

Reactions: HolyGrail
Upvote 0
Let's not forget Samsung also supply Apple with their screen's. Imo Apple deserve a bloody good hard kick up the a&* for acting like a spoilt brat just because it enjoyed huge success with the ipod and iphone series, oh wait, look at apple now, 'desperately' playing catch up with HTC & Samsung, nearly as desperately as Nokia and look how big Nokia were in the phone market back in the 90's-early 2000's. Nuff said.

Screen's from Sony.
Shouldn't knock Nokia man.... If not for them, we wouldn't have mass produced and affordable handphones today. I think Apple created a wonderful thing with the iPhone. It helped pushed all smartphone makers one step up and gave everyone so many cool phones.

What I don't like is that instead of making an even better phone, Apple decides to sue everyone else. For that, they certainly do deserve a kick up the a$$.

Upvote 0
Am I missing something here?

"Company A says they want to sell more products and make more profit than company B"

So, umm, where is the problem exactly ? it happens in every market you can think of.

Audi said exactly the same about BMW a few years ago, employees of Audi and the franchised dealers were briefed and they declared a "mission statement" to beat BMW.

I really don't see the problem.

Upvote 0
Oh yes, I am so buying an iShit when it comes out this Fall!

trust me the new iphone ain't gonna better than the GS3 with it's lock-down os.
it's no wonder samsung is ripping apple a new a-hole in sales.
"Samsung smartphones obliterate iPhone sales in Q2 as rivalry reaches boiling point"

Samsung smartphones obliterate iPhone sales in Q2 as rivalry reaches boiling point - Yahoo! News

if your truly serious and you live in the san diego area. i will gladly take thoes 2 GS3 off your hands and give you 2 icrap phones 4s model of course.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones