• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help OMG This Verizon ISO needs to GO!!!

Ok so I am a new Droid user... evidently I have acquired much knowledge over this weekend learning about this android OS. Anyway, Now here is the deal.

I have a USB in My chevy silverado 2010 and I used to plug in any mp3 or ipod with cable and it will be happy to play music for me. Now I got Droid X which is amazing super awesome phone but IT WONT PLAY MUSIC. well so i sat down and did a whole lotta research on what and how to get it to work. even tried streaming thru bluetooth but that failed miserably. Now, that i

I just checked for *.iso on my phone and couldn't find it. But what is the trouble streaming through bluetooth? I do it daily.

I tried that but it didnt work either droid x doesnt support a2dp or its GM Vehicles. either way it doesnt work coz i have it paired and even if it says paired and connected it wouldnt actually stream. unless it doesnt work with motorola music app..

Upvote 0
It absolutely supports A2DP. I and thousands of others stream via A2DP to a variety of Bluetooth devices. I personally have three A2DP BT devices that all work flawlessly with the DX. Stock music app, third party music app, whatever.

Might want to do some troubleshooting on that front, because it definitely works with standard A2DP profiles.

Make sure you're connected as an audio device (not under the phone profile), make sure your media volume is turned up, see if the truck is maybe seeing it as a phone and not a media device...

Upvote 0
Or if you plug it in with the USB, make sure to drop the notification bar and switch the USB connection to Storage mode. That should get you working if you don't get the Bluetooth rolling. FWIW, I have often successfully paired my Droid X with GM and Ford rental cars using bluetooth so something must be amiss. Binary visions' suggestions sound like a good jumping off point.

Upvote 0
I use all of the methods you mention and they all work- I use a2dp bluetooth in my MG with a 3rd party radio. It also has a usb plug and if I put the device in storage mode it can play the music that way- remember- this way the RADIO is controlling what plays, noth the phone. In my other vehicle I use an FM transmitter and that works too.

DX OTA 2.2 rooted, but just for wifi tethering.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones