OMJ 2.2 Review

Last Updated:

1. HXC

HXC Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

First if you had problems flashing over this ROM such as being in the sprint 4g boot loop, heres the fix. Take the battery out and boot into recovery . Wipe cache and Dalvik Cache then wipe data. Yes its painfull but this a very nice ROM. Anyway back to the review.

This is a pretty basic rom and not much is changed. Its basically a ROM that removes Bloatware and adds some nice Root apps such as wifi tether.

This ROM is on a stock kernel.

The one big thing I noticed is the good battery life.

I unplug my phone at 7 am and goto school, at school I send 30-40 text messages and check my phone frequently.

By the end of school, 3:15,I was at 80%
    Now my bus ride is 45 mins long, so to the pass the time I normally play a game or am on phone texting and what not, now before root and rom , by the time I got home i would be around 20-30% but after playing a game for 30 mins (Angry Birds) and texting for the rest. I was at 67% which is MUCH better than the previous Stock ROM i was on
    If your looking for a non changing ROM with good battery life and Bloatware removed, I reccomend OMJ 2.2 Froyo ROM

Advertisement
  2. flyjbaker

flyjbaker Well-Known Member

Is it vanilla Android or is it Sense based???

3. wrapkgb

wrapkgb Well-Known Member

flyjbaker likes this.
  4. HXC

Sense

5. goodboy

goodboy Well-Known Member

Honestly, the ROM has a small hand in battery life. It is mostly how efficient the kernel is. HTC's lastest Kernels, #10 and #17, offer amazing battery life. 9 hours of the phone being on and it was at 84%.

Now at 11hrs I'm at 65% after my drive back from school with GPS, Pandora, and 4G running.

6. HXC

Yeah I am getting better battery too. On Stock HTC Kernel and WarmTwoPointTwo (Which i will be doing a review soon

7. wrapkgb

wrapkgb Well-Known Member

Why don't you give your reviews to matlock so he can put it in the review section of rooting for dummies.