• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help On behalf of the missus LOL.

Nagrom

Android Expert
May 28, 2010
Cheshire UK
Hi Boardies.

Okay so I usually live over on the Desire forums, having a Desire myself (Rooted running MoDaCo R8 2.2 rom), but 'er in doors has just picked up a Wildfire. Her first REAL Android phone. What can I say? she has impeccable taste. Just look at her hubby LOL. As I'm pretty clued up as far as Android goes now, she's asked me to customise it for her.

I understand that the hardware between the Desire, and Wildfire is quite differant, but I'm not 100% sure what the WF can run. So I have a couple of questions.

1. Can it run Live Wallpaper? Installed a couple for her, but they're not showing up in the wallpaper option screen.

2. Can a WF be Rooted using Unrevoked, then flashed to 2.2? I've seen a thread about 2.2 Roms here, so I'm assuming the answer is yes.

3. I assume LauncherPro works fine with the WF?

Anymore questions, I'll add them here.

Thanks in advance

Andy

Hi Nagrom, I assume your missus will be wanting to keep sense? If so would recommend the puzzle one tiggerlator mentioned.

CM6.1 will be (is) AOSP based, so no sense, no HTC apps of any kind. It will be much faster than any sense rom on the wildfire, but it is vanilla.

Of course if she is going the LP route anyway, this may not be an issue.

I would take an AOSP vanilla rom over sense any day, but its all down to personal preference.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones