On behalf of the missus LOL.Support

Last Updated:

1. Nagrom

Nagrom Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Hi Boardies.

Okay so I usually live over on the Desire forums, having a Desire myself (Rooted running MoDaCo R8 2.2 rom), but 'er in doors has just picked up a Wildfire. Her first REAL Android phone. What can I say? she has impeccable taste. Just look at her hubby LOL. As I'm pretty clued up as far as Android goes now, she's asked me to customise it for her.

I understand that the hardware between the Desire, and Wildfire is quite differant, but I'm not 100% sure what the WF can run. So I have a couple of questions.

1. Can it run Live Wallpaper? Installed a couple for her, but they're not showing up in the wallpaper option screen.

2. Can a WF be Rooted using Unrevoked, then flashed to 2.2? I've seen a thread about 2.2 Roms here, so I'm assuming the answer is yes.

3. I assume LauncherPro works fine with the WF?

Anymore questions, I'll add them here.

Thanks in advance

Andy

Advertisement
  2. jesper10

jesper10 Member

Alright mate, I'll try and answer those for you as briefly as possible:

1 - No.

2 - Not sure.

3 - Yes, but possibly a little slower/less crisp than on the Desire.

3. tiggerlator

tiggerlator Well-Known Member

1- no, not even sure if it works on the custom 2.2 rom i posted a link for.

2- Yes, once you have clockwork recovery on it, you could try the wildpuzzle custom rom i mentioned, its not perfect but CM6.1 is coming soon.

3- Yes, afaik all the custom homes work, ADW,Launcher pro etc.

Have a peruse here-
    HTC Buzz: Wildfire - xda-developers

4. SUroot

SUroot Well-Known Member Developer

Hi Nagrom, I assume your missus will be wanting to keep sense? If so would recommend the puzzle one tiggerlator mentioned.

CM6.1 will be (is) AOSP based, so no sense, no HTC apps of any kind. It will be much faster than any sense rom on the wildfire, but it is vanilla.

Of course if she is going the LP route anyway, this may not be an issue.

I would take an AOSP vanilla rom over sense any day, but its all down to personal preference.