On board data usageSupport

1. Fuzzy13

Fuzzy13 Well-Known Member

Is it possible to somehow go in and adjust the on board data usage? Being that I have a rooted Gnex and once you wipe data for flashing a ROM, the usage gets reset. Didn't know if you could go into the actual system files and edit whatever keeps count be it in an xml or smali or whatever.

Advertisement
  2. Tim K

Tim K Well-Known Member Contributor

I don't know where that data is stored, but I would think that if you could locate it, you could copy the file, export it, then copy it back to the phone after the reset. I have no idea how you'd locate the specific file that logs data usage though. Maybe try posting on XDA and see if anyone can identify the specific files.
  3. Fuzzy13

Well i found where the files are stored and I've tried every program i have available to open them to no avail. Tit backup has a data backup function which will serve me better on the next cycle but id still like to figure a way to manually edit the actual usage number to keep it on par with the carriers numbers.

Thanks for your input
  4. Tim K

Tim K Well-Known Member Contributor

what kind of file is it? What is it called / where is it stored?
  5. Fuzzy13

The file doesn't have an extension so I figured it's an executable through the system somehow. It's located in data/system and it's the netstats folder. That's the folder that gets backed up in titanium backup when you backup your data usage stats so I assume that's it.

You can delete the netstats folder and start completely fresh at 0 but still no clue on how I could edit them. The netpolicy.xml keeps the ongoing data you enter for your monthly cap and what not and I was hoping it was in there being that the data usage is never ending but it's not.