On call (handset) get in the car (transfer to bluetooth)?

Last Updated:

1. Steve_OS

Steve_OS Active Member This Topic's Starter

My issue.

I am walking to my car, talking on the phone. When I turn the car on, I want to transfer from the phone to the bluetooth in the car/nav. unit.

If I'm in my car, I can call/receive phone calls fine, but I can't figure out how to transfer a call to my car bluetooth, when I get in and I'm ready to drive off. Instead, I have to tell the person, I'll call them right back, as I have to make the call from the bluetooth setup.

How is this possible?

Thanks.

Advertisement
  2. v-6 nolo

v-6 nolo Well-Known Member

That is going to depend on your car's BT, not the phone. I have an 09 accord with BT and all i have to do it hit my BT button and say transfer, and it does. Goes both ways too, when i am getting out of the car and still on the phone. Look at your owners manual for the car and/or BT and you should get an answer. Not sure if this is a feature for all Bluetoot though...

3. PittCaleb

PittCaleb Well-Known Member

When I'm on a call and get into the car, all I have to do is press the "bluetooth" soft screen button on the Droid and the call is automagically transferred to my OnStar Bluetooth system. Conversely, if I'm leaving the car, I just pick up the phone and depress the same soft button and it transfers back to the Droid, cutting the BT connection.

PittCaleb

4. Steve_OS

Steve_OS Active Member This Topic's Starter

Thanks guys, will try the tips.

5. PittCaleb

PittCaleb Well-Known Member

FYI, you are all probably aware of the bluetooth initiation problem we have on the Droid (i.e. can't initiate a voice dial from bluetooth button press, there's a thread dedicated to this) - I tried today just for kicks as apparently last night we all got a silent/secret update to fix our cameras. Unfortunately, no fix yet...

PittCaleb

6. michaelk

michaelk Well-Known Member

fyi- seems the camera fix just happens to be that it's date dependant and we are now on a good day. No secret update.