• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

On my 2nd Droid, ready to exchange for 3rd...should I keep it?

After writing a long thread and having it disappear, here is the jist of it. I was about to get an iPhone until Droid "landed". This is my first smartphone and I love it. It's better than (fill in the blank). I have religiously read this forum since my purchase in early December. My first Droid was great for two months until it shut down mid-call and wouldn't reboot past the "Droid eye". I tried everything to fix but couldn't so I reluctantly exchanged it. Verizon "expert" salesperson gave me a reman Droid, which concerned me but I didn't want to make a fuss about it. She claimed it was a new Droid and then inserted my SD card. After turning on the phone, SD card wouldn't read, so I opened it and found that she had just jammed it in the metal piece. I fixed it and was on my way.
Now my camera video gets choppy and freezes during playback, but the audio keeps playing. My friend warned me about Motorola but I decided to buy it anyway. I'm really disappointed and ready to exchange again. Should I kept trying until I get a decent phone or give up and switch phones. What's your opinion?
After months of reading posts, I decided to contribute. Thanks.

I'm sorry that after reading this forum for so many months and end up having ur first post be a negative one. That sucks. but honestly, I've replaced mine but luckily I got a good one after my first exchange. I don't think going to another phone will be very cost effective since ur past ur 30 days. I would keep trying because getting a droid that works is really worth the hassle. This phone really is a great phone. Good luck with ur next droid.

Reactions: SAFE_2006
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones