On my 3rd Hero. Problem with Sprint or HTC?

Last Updated:

1. Groovehog

Groovehog Member This Topic's Starter

Hello all. First off I'd like to say I flippin' loove this phone. Best smartphone I've ever owned. I no longer have iPhone envy :D. However, I've had some problems early on. My first Hero worked great up until about a week ago when it became unable to receive any calls or texts. Sending calls and texts were no problem. I spent about an hour on the line with Sprint tech support and they couldn't figure it out and told me to swap the phone out. Ok, no problem. I was within my 30 days, the Sprint store gave me a new one and I was on my way.

The second Hero had problems from the get-go. I was intermittantly unable to access any data including browsing, android market etc, making and receiving calls and texts weren't a problem however. Returned the second phone that same day to Sprint store and they basically told me to bring it to a Sprint repair shop, or pay a $35.00 re-stocking fee and get a new one.

So yeah, I'm a fool, but I didnt feel like dealing with Sprint repair and paid the $35.00 fee and so far so good on the 3rd Hero.

Just want to let people know of my experience so far with this phone. Also wondering if anyone else had any similar experiences with it.

Advertisement
  2. illini

illini Well-Known Member

Sprint should have known to update the profile. That happen to me but CS was on it right away. These phones just dont not work out of the box, if they dont its an easy software fix.

3. UTnick

UTnick Well-Known Member

i am starting to have issues where i have no service in places where i would normally have 3 or 4 bars. my father's hero was sittin' right next to mine on the table and his was fine. that wasn't the only location i had a problem, though.