on my third captivate

Last Updated:

1. Easilyamused

Easilyamused Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Tried the iphone4, which is nice, but I really do prefer this phone (when it works properly of course), but this is getting a bit ridiculous. Unfortunately it's the only high-end android available on at&t... so giving it another go.

How many have you had?

Advertisement
  2. Rhiannon224

Rhiannon224 Well-Known Member

3rd was a charm for me. Not sure yet about the GPS, it os flakey but I don't have much need for it. I just flashed yesterday with Froyo and it's been cloud and I haven't checked it outside.

3. mnemonicj

mnemonicj Well-Known Member

Hey, there should be a Third Captivate group where you can only join if you have had at least 3 phones. :D I am on my 3rd Captivate in just over a month. First one had bad GPS, shut off a couple times, and liked to open the search screen without me pressing search. My second one had a really weird screen problem. It looked like a manufacturing defect that caused the top film of the screen to crack, show wear, and scratches in the first 3 days. The one I have now is great. GPS locks in 15 seconds outside, the screen looks great and I haven't had any issues.

4. Easilyamused

Lol.. jacking my own thread... The one from xda? Holding off until I know I have a piece of hardware I'm keeping. How do you like 2.2 so far.

GPS was better on both my second one and this one - little flaky but useable.

5. Easilyamused

GPS wouldn't lock on my first one, and then after a couple of weeks it started shutting down randomly. Second one the external speaker quit working after a week. I'm hoping that like you guys third time is a charm.

6. BigCiX

BigCiX Well-Known Member

First one but having problems with my back button lately.

7. Rhiannon224

Rhiannon224 Well-Known Member

I am really liking it, battery life is much better. I don't feel that it's anywhere near as laggy as Eclair is, pretty smooth running. So far it's my favorite mod as far as battery life is concerned. I pay no attention to bloated quadrant scores and Froyo isn't really needing a lagfix, although I am using one out of habit.

8. billbunton

billbunton Active Member

I thought the third one was the charm, it went over a month with no problems. But then it started occasionally doing the shutdown, including one time it took a battery pull to get it back on. Guess I need to go try a fourth...

9. Jack45

Jack45 Well-Known Member

Third was the charm. Poifect.

10. 3gAndroid

3gAndroid Well-Known Member

No problems with my Captivate... :)

However I am on my fourth iPhone 4...
    All due to the fact that I simply wanted one that would make, and hold a call... (is that really too much to ask?)

Don't let the Apple fanboys kid you, iPhones (not just the iPhone 4) are every bit as subject to problems, as any other smartphone.

11. Easilyamused

I don't think any of them are perfect.. which is why i'm still trying for the "right" captivate.. simply because of preference, with the hopes that i'll finally get one that's mostly trouble free.

I would've held off a bit longer, but my eternity died and i had to have a phone.

12. mnemonicj

mnemonicj Well-Known Member

Other than random reboots with 3rd party software, my Nokia N95 performed perfectly. But, unlike the new generation of smart phones, it wasn't nearly as user friendly because it had a small screen that wasn't a touch screen. So it seems, no smart phone is perfect. Otherwise, everyone would own it.

13. lempfla

lempfla Member

Have had 2 so far. Will get my 3rd tomorrow. Have returned the previous 2 within the 30 day period and had my account reset so I get upgrade price less my corp discount. Will do the same with this one if they don't fix the gps issue. So to date I have had a captivate for the last 2 months and have paid $15 each month for data. Maybe this will be my approach forever...lol

14. ndoran

ndoran Active Member

Just got my 2nd one today... after 40 days with the first one and it turning off intermittently and gps taking sometimes more than a minute to connect other times not connecting at all (or if it did, always atleast 100m off... :/)
    but so far so good with this one