1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

ON/OFF ButtonGeneral

1. d1sco

d1sco New Member

Hello, i have some issue with my phone (HTC Wildfire S). Not always, but sometimes, i deal with the ON/OFF Button that won't work. I mean, it has no effect at all. Sometimes after many tries to unlock the phone, i am forced to take off the battery and put it back on to make the phone work. What do you think this may be? Thanks !

Advertisement
    :
  2. d1sco

d1sco New Member

please help me !
  3. Caro332

Caro332 Well-Known Member

I do believe there is an app that can shut it down when you press the icon. But to turn it back on....But I wouldn't know why you have that problem. It's probably some hardware issue. If you have your warantee, take it to the HTC service centre and they should fix it for you
  4. pedrobarnacles

pedrobarnacles New Member

I have the same problem with mine. I thought it was software but on closer inspection it is definitely hardware. The silver plastic on/off switch can't actuate the microswitch which controls the power/wake function. If you can get your finger nail between the rear of the switch and the case (behind the removable back cover) you should be able to turn your device on or off easily. Hope that helps.