On/off custom sound? (Not notification)

Last Updated:

1. Elensar

Elensar New Member This Topic's Starter

Sorry if this is not the right board to put this.

Ok, so here's the thing: I know how to make a custom notification sound. I also know that when that sound is only allocated in the SD card, the on/off sound will be different because it's still loading the SD card content.

Well, let's assume I have on my phone (not the SD card) a sound I'd like to use for on/off sound. Since it's on my phone, it should work without problem. Now my question is this: is there any way to make that sound to be the custom on/off sound but maintaining my custom notification sound too?

I mean, one custom sound for notifications which is in the SD, and another different custom sound for on/off which is allocated on the phone. Is that possible?

Thanks in advice.

Advertisement
  2. Kaessa

Kaessa Well-Known Member

As far as I know, the on/off sounds are completely separate from the notification sounds.

3. Elensar

Elensar New Member This Topic's Starter

Really? I've always understood that Android uses the notification sound for on/off sound too. Also, I've been looking everywhere on the system configuration and there's not a single reference to on/off sound in it at all.

4. Kaessa

Kaessa Well-Known Member

You need to be rooted to change the on/off sounds, they're built into the system. Let me see if I can dig up instructions for you. I've changed mine, but I've forgotten how I did it. :rolleyes:

5. Kaessa

Kaessa Well-Known Member