• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help On/Off - Power Button

An issue like that has nothing to do with the 30 day return, unless you are talking about returning it for something else. An issue like this would be covered by the one year manufacturer warranty.

This is incorrect. The reason it has to do with the 30 day return period is that, if you experience issues that require a replacement phone, if you are within your 30 day return period, they hand you a new phone. If you are outside the 30 day window, you are given a refurbished phone. I'm sure some people manage to get new replacements outside the 30 day window, but it is not guaranteed.

And new versus refurbished is a huge difference, IMO.

Reactions: jasperwill
Upvote 0
No issues for me whatsoever at this point. I turn this puppy on and off all the time too, just like most of you. So perhaps it's a bad batch of phones? I would get it replaced if it's got you concerned, I'll guess the new one will be fine.

I agree BJ...Hey we better stay incognito over here, we don't want the Eris crew holding witch trials for us!! ;)

Upvote 0
I attached some pics, but I took them with a Blackberry so I don't know how good they are...
You should still be able to see the button condition especially the left side closer to the edge of the phone. It is completely flattened and this from 4 days of use.

Attachments

• IMG00340-20100510-0935.jpg
    IMG00340-20100510-0935.jpg
    35 KB · Views: 265
  • IMG00342-20100510-0938.jpg
    IMG00342-20100510-0938.jpg
    44.8 KB · Views: 261
Upvote 0
I attached some pics, but I took them with a Blackberry so I don't know how good they are...
You should still be able to see the button condition especially the left side closer to the edge of the phone. It is completely flattened and this from 4 days of use.
OMG, those are the worst pictures I've ever seen.:p Were they taken out of a moving car? Oops... never mind, taken with a BB.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones