• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help on phone for 2 weeks...any way to force 3G??

Rext

Lurker
May 14, 2013
Great phone, some minor issues. I can only get 3G in my office building unless I'm right next to a window. I also had to root it to get the Cisco wireless to work (Cisco).

I've had not found a LTE switch that works...if I try to use one, it stops an unrelated process. I'm not even sure how to force it thru the menu...I'm on 4.1.2, it lists Global / LTE-CDMA / and GSM-UMTS as the 3 options.

Great phone, some minor issues. I can only get 3G in my office building unless I'm right next to a window. I also had to root it to get the Cisco wireless to work (Cisco).

I've had not found a LTE switch that works...if I try to use one, it stops an unrelated process. I'm not even sure how to force it thru the menu...I'm on 4.1.2, it lists Global / LTE-CDMA / and GSM-UMTS as the 3 options.

You may want to contact LG customer support.

The LG Spectrum 2 is supposed to switch over to 3G automatically if it determines the 4G signal to be weak.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones