On refresh old emails disapear from inboxSupport

Last Updated:

1. Sajjad

Sajjad New Member This Topic's Starter

Hi
    I use Samsung Galaxy S phone and my email setup is working fine except every time I refresh, all my previous e-mails disappear from my phone inbox, what do I have to do to keep my old emails until I am ready to answer or to delete? Can anybody help me? pretty please :confused:

Thanks

Advertisement
  2. ang3

ang3 Active Member

my emails keep disappearing too. usually it keeps the recent one but the older ones always disapear. i have 'delete old message' settings disabled so whys it doing that. i have to keep doing 'refresh data' to get all of my emails. this is in samsung email app

3. karnka

karnka Well-Known Member

Can't remember about the standard email client but certainly the GMail client only syncs mail from a set number of days ago (1, 3, 5, whatever, don't remember the default).

Once a mail is older than this limit it won't be on the phone by default.

4. ang3

ang3 Active Member

i notice my emails dont disappear on refresh but after i turn it off then back on.

5. tamivroma

tamivroma Well-Known Member

Samsung is having a real problem with their email client - to solve I downloaded K-9 email client from the market. My problem was once i had my emails set up they wouldn't receive - even exchanged the phone only to find it was a samsung issue.

6. Wild Thing

Wild Thing Well-Known Member

bear in mind if you have downloaded or someone else has downloaded your mail from a pc or laptop it will have deleted your mail of the email server so when you refresh the mail on your phones inbox will dissapear.

7. ang3

ang3 Active Member

but for me doing a 'refresh data' in account settings retrieves all of my emails, even though they have been downloaded from a pc. then they eventually disappear after rebooting the phone