• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help On Startup I Hear "Data Partition... Detected"

sddenizen

Lurker
Sep 23, 2010
I had to do a factory reinstall after my rooted SF refused to boot because of a problem with a program I installed. After the reinstall, I still had root and was able to reinstall my programs but now, when I turn the phone on, I get this female computer voice which tells me "data partition detected" before the phone fully boots. Does any one know what is happening? Otherwise phone works great.

I had to do a factory reinstall after my rooted SF refused to boot because of a problem with a program I installed. After the reinstall, I still had root and was able to reinstall my programs but now, when I turn the phone on, I get this female computer voice which tells me "data partition detected" before the phone fully boots. Does any one know what is happening? Otherwise phone works great.

You had voodoo and did an incomplete uninstall. If your phone works great just deal with it I guess. Normally that message accompanies a phone which doesnt work great. In which case a full system restore might be in order

look on your sdcard and see if you have a voodoo folder. (you do id assume)

and check if you have the disable lagfix file in. i believe if you just straight disabled voodoo and didnt flash a new kernel you ll hear that on boot.

if thats the case flash a nonvoodoo kernel, let it boot and then delete the disable_lagfix file

Upvote 0
I'm running COMROM 2.1, OTB 1.6 kernal and I was wondering if I needed to partition my SD card? Z device test says most of my memory is being used and that I have a partition(1-2-3). I need to know how to access that partition? I'm not real familiar with the whole sd ext 1-2-3-4 deal. If I could get the low-down on the why partition and how to put some internal OS operations on said partition, or whatever, I'd be stoked! I know I'd have to back up my SD on CPU, then partition, then format and re-store backup data on the sd. Would that automatically send data to the partition, freeing up some internal operations?
-------Thanks in advance for any ideas or insight into this curious query,
........and Have a Groovy day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones