• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Once upon a time there was a samsung galaxy s

Jyashi

Nov 6, 2010
Hey guys,

I got my galaxy s phone recently on tmobile network. I was very excited about the froyo update since it allows flash 10.1. Long story short I managed to upgrade my galaxy s to 2.2 using some steps posted in a website. I didn't do it via kies as it was and still is taking very long for an impatient guy like me. But after the froyo update the Swype function is no longer working, also the Voicespeak function crashes every time I use it. So far 2 functions down but that is a small price for having flash 10.1 on your mobile. But now my Internet also crashes occasionally. I am thnking it might be because of flash since all these problems didn't happen before I update from 2.1.

I am thinking if I re upgrade to 2.2 via kies the right way these problems might not occur. So is it possible for me to upgrade to 2.2 via kies without downgrading first? And of I do upgrade via kies would I still get the same problem? Have you guys had a similar issue? Do let me know if you have any solution to any problem here.

Thanks

jyashi, the best site I have found for user guides is XDA Developers.

THe simple answer is Yes you can re-flash the firmware to a later version using something like ODIN, provided you have the phone rooted.

XDA developers have guides already written out for carrying this out, but you have to weigh up the risks of flashing versus the improvements that you are likely to get. Depending how long ago you put a version of FROYO 2.2 on your phone, there may be little benefit in doing it again.

The guides are pretty detailed so you are better off using them as all the relevant links to the files and utilities you require will be there.

Reactions: Jyashi
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones