• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root One click lag fix help

I looked in the market this morning, and saw an update for the OCLF. I installed the update, then opened the app and selected "Undo OneClickLagFix V1+". Afterwards, for good measure, I removed then reinstalled "EXT2 Tools."

Every time I've tried to install the V2 lag fix, I get an error (redoing OCLF V1+, however, appears to work fine).

Any suggestions?

I looked in the market this morning, and saw an update for the OCLF. I installed the update, then opened the app and selected "Undo OneClickLagFix V1+". Afterwards, for good measure, I removed then reinstalled "EXT2 Tools."

Every time I've tried to install the V2 lag fix, I get an error (redoing OCLF V1+, however, appears to work fine).

Any suggestions?
Yeah I think there's a bug. Honestly the easiest way to test if the lagfix is actually on there is to run the Quadrant benchmark [also in Market]. If you score less than 900 the lag fix isnt applied. If you are over 2000 its on there

Upvote 0
Oh, don't get me wrong, OCLF installs. The only issue I'm having is in installing the most recent fix, as opposed to the older one (which dramatically improved performance, but I think might be slightly less stable).
Oh. Let me understand, there is an update available on the one in the market. Did you install the update and now you have applying it?

Upvote 0
Oh. Let me understand, there is an update available on the one in the market. Did you install the update and now you have applying it?

Sorry I'm taking so long to get back, work got away from me yesterday.

Basically, a while ago I downloaded OCLF and applied the fix (V1). There was an update on the market for the app, which included a rejiggered fix that promised to be a little faster and more stable (V2). I updated the app, undid the V1 fix, uninstalled and reinstalled the EXT2 data, then tried to apply V2. Every time I tried to install it, I received an error (usually that there was insufficient space). Reapplying V1 worked without issue, so the phone still has the fix applied, I just didn't know what was up with the new version.

Sorry for any confusion, saps; I appreciate the offered help.

Upvote 0
So you can and did install V2+ but cannot install EXT2 tools? Very odd. That app is usually click and done easy. Does your app show V2+ as unavailable and EXT2 as available?
Also re:insufficient space, what exactly is it reffering to? Your internal storage/ram?

No, as I said, uninstalling and reinstalling EXT2 tools was fine. Uninstalling and reinstalling V1 is fine. However, once V1 is uninstalled and EXT2 has been uninstalled and reinstalled (on the off chance that there was an update which might help with the OCLF reinstall), V2+ installation fails. V1 can still be applied, however.

The error messages received were:

Tue Sep 21 08:42:14 America/Detroit 2010: OneClickLagFix V2+ failed with error: Could not create /dbdata/rfsdata/ext2/linux.ex2 - dd: /dbdata/rfsdata/ext2/linux.ex2: No space left on device

And, on a second attempt:

Tue Sep 21 08:44:32 America/Detroit 2010: OneClickLagFix V2+ failed with error: Could not create /dbdata/rfsdata/ext2/linux.ex2 -

The phone has scads of free memory, and the app recognizes it during a free memory check (and, further, allows application of the V1 fix).

Ultimately, it's not a big deal as the V1 fix alleviates nearly all of my lag issues. I just thought it might be worthwhile to use the better fix.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones