"One Click" not an option - Alternatives?

1. Ericles

Ericles New Member

Hi all,
    I'm new to android and rooting but confident that the answer is out there - I just don't know the right terminology to Google. :eek:

I have a Verizon branded Droid 3 that boots to the "Welcome to Droid" screen. I don't have a contract with Verizon and figured I could just use the phone from home via wifi. I can't get the One Click root to work because I can't get into the settings to turn on USB Debugging. I can get into the file system however but don't know what to do once I'm in there.

Any suggestions or at least a guide to terminology? :)
    Thanks!
    -Eric
    "Ericles"

Advertisement
  2. glennj

glennj Well-Known Member

I might be mistaken, but I think I remember that you can tap all 4 corners of that screen that you are stuck on and it will allow you past it without activating it on Verizon.

Also, it is possible for you to unlock the GSM capabilities of the Droid3and use it with a Pre-Paid SIM chip, even in the USA, I have heard.

Glenn
    Ericles likes this.
  3. doogald

doogald Guides Guide

That's right. Start at the top left and go around clockwise (top right, bottom right, bottom left.) The tap areas are in the black of the screen display; just under the notification bar. You don't have to be crazy precise though.
    Ericles likes this.
  4. Ericles

Ericles New Member

That did it! I knew there had to be a way. I figured it would be more of an "under the hood" solution, but that was way easier than I would have hoped. Many thanks! Now to get to some serious rooting. :thumbup: