• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root One click root for the Epic 4G!

I have experience rooting/jailbreaking devices but am not sure what im doing wrong on this one. I really liked my wifes evo; it literally took seconds to root it. I will try and tell what i did.

I grabbed the mobile drive and installed it; it told me to unplug device and reboot. so i did it.

I ran the .bat file and it told me to start adb and restart .bat ; i did that. and it got done and said hit any key to reboot phone. i did that.

How do i know if i was successful? Tethering can't be the issue cause im tethered now. On a military base w no close wifi so im using tethering.

Upvote 0
I have experience rooting/jailbreaking devices but am not sure what im doing wrong on this one. I really liked my wifes evo; it literally took seconds to root it. I will try and tell what i did.

I grabbed the mobile drive and installed it; it told me to unplug device and reboot. so i did it.

I ran the .bat file and it told me to start adb and restart .bat ; i did that. and it got done and said hit any key to reboot phone. i did that.

How do i know if i was successful? Tethering can't be the issue cause im tethered now. On a military base w no close wifi so im using tethering.

Sounds like it worked. You wouldn't be able to tether if it didn't work. Go to the Market and download a app that requires root. But one thing that was never mentioned is, after rooting, people should see a SuperUsers permission app in the app tray. I think and hope they come out with a better and more common way of rooting the Epic. I'm used to the ADB commands.

And I would like to see a custom lag fix. I know the Epic doesn't really have a lag but I want 2000+ in the quadrants like the Vibrant and Captivate got with theirs. It made the phone even faster.

Upvote 0
In that case it did not work. I have been looking for the ninja icon that is on my wifes evo and its not present. I was hoping i could stream like i can on hers too when i root it. the only thing i presently have that requires a root is screenshot app. and its not working either. guess i'll have to keep working on it in a bit. sure would be nice if geo hot would do some work on droid too; lol.

Upvote 0
I can't seem to download the drivers from the site in the post at XDA, and the drivers I download from Softpedia don't seem to work. Any ideas or suggestions on what I might be doing wrong?

(NM, I figured it out, had to mount the SD card, in case you are also having the same problem.)

Thanks!

Cad

Hello I have a coworker thats wants me to root there Epic which i said i would. i have been reading a lot of this stuff i and feel its going to be pretty easy, but the question is, SD mount? the Epic does not come with a SD card already installed? did the unrevoked on my EVO and this seems like its not too hard

Upvote 0
Ok... I finally found this site and decided it was time to root my new Epic. Whenever I clicked on the link to download the drivers, I received an error on the page. I tried to manually enter the Samsung website itself and got the same error. Any ideas on where I may find them besides the Samsung website??

Also, when I go to root the phone is there a tutorial/video on how to reset the phone back to stock if I have any problems?

Upvote 0
Ok... I finally found this site and decided it was time to root my new Epic. Whenever I clicked on the link to download the drivers, I received an error on the page. I tried to manually enter the Samsung website itself and got the same error. Any ideas on where I may find them besides the Samsung website??

Also, when I go to root the phone is there a tutorial/video on how to reset the phone back to stock if I have any problems?

To unroot, http://androidforums.com/epic-4g-all-things-root/169661-unroot.html

Upvote 0
please help im getting stuff that i have not seen or read here.. check this out
I had usb debugging off and the driver install went nicely.(mass storage and another one). then i unhook it and turn on usb debugging and soon as i hook it up it starting installing other stuff, Samsung Andriod usb composite device.. "install" CDCAbstact Control Model (ACM) installing device driver(didnt finish) S3c6410 android ADB installing device driver(ddint finish) im a lpn and i rooted my evo and my coworker wants her Samsump Epic root and thats what happen before i click on run bat, andwhen i did click run bat.... device not found. and i only have this phone for two hours. friday is my next date with the phone. can someone help a nurse out and step by step .. i m using a netbook windows 7 32 bit.
edit..... now what i mean by didnt finish is that after 10 min and i had to get up and leave so i cancel it. and from the point on it was downhill. now i have seen the unroot program should i use that program so that i can start fresh again? now on the computer since i have been home tonight i have, clean off all drivers, re downloaded them again and downloaded the one.click.root.exploit .zip file... so the computer is fresh , but what about the phone being fresh? thats why i ask about the unroot program, cuz i did installed android tether. (wireless tether 2.0.5 pre 8)and it didnt say not rooted when i ran it, i connected to it, just no internet.

Upvote 0
Im trying to root my phone on a mac and I downloaded the one click root and ran the Root Me and my phone rebooted to recovery, but then when I went to Apply .zip it ran for a second and the file aborted does anyone know what I can do to fix this and root my epic?

Thanks

I've tried several "one click root" programs. "E verification" problems. Do I really have to do this on a pc?
THANKS!

Upvote 0
if anyone needs the drivers, I have them here as it seems samsung took them off their site. I also have a question about rooting as im kinda new to android, but would the upcoming 2.2 update unroot my phone or possibly cause any problems? or would i have to wait for a special update for rooted phones to install manually? im not sure if I should do this now or just wait until 2.2 is released

Upvote 0
I ran the one click root (run.bat) the restarted adb and ran the adb application again and said make it RW and move files but then none of the files could be moved. Failed to copy all the files (joeykrim-root.sh, jk-su, playlogo, all those). It said permission denied so how do I change the permission and root my phone via this method. Or does anyone else know another method to root my Epic.

Thanks

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones