• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

One Click Root - XDA Forums

Aerimus

Nov 6, 2009
Upstate NY
[PROGRAM] One Click Root for AT&T Captivate - xda-developers
Originally Posted by: TGA_Gunnman on the XDA Forums

[PROGRAM] One Click Root for AT&T Captivate
Team,

This One-Click Root process will copy over the rooted-update.zip file then reboot your phone. Follow the instructions in the CMD prompt that launches.
It launches minimized right now. I will fix it later I'm in a hurry. But just click on the minimized CMD shell to restore it .

Credits:
LeshaK at Samdroid: for the original rooted-update.zip.

This has been tested on stock Android 2.1 Eclair only.

This is work in progress, look for un-root button to be added soon.

Download the app here.

Warning: I am not responsible for bricked phones, rooting can void your warranty....

Requirements: Dot Net Framework version 4

1. Make sure your phone is on USB Debug mode: (MENU > Settings > Applications > Developement > USB debugging = Checked )

2. For Windows x86 and x64 systems make sure that the Samsung Drivers are installed. You can get them here.

3. Extract the contents of GalaxyS_One-Click_Root.rar to a folder.

4. Connect your phone to your PC via the USB cable and launch the file "Galaxy S One-Click Root.exe" file.

5. Click the "One-Click Root" button. This will launch a command shell. If it launched minimized click on the CMD window to restore it to your view and follow the instructions in the CMD window.

Done! You are rooted.

Now you can load Clockwork Mod custom recovery on your phone:
[RECOVERY] ClockworkMod Recovery for Captivate (FINAL! SAFE!) - xda-developers

Update:
Once you root your phone to get Titanium Backup functioning correctly you need to update busybox from the Titanium Backup app.

1. In Titanium click on the "Problems" button at the botton right corner of the screen.

2. Then click on "Yes Do It!"

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones