LeDoink New Member

2. new optimus

new optimus Well-Known Member

you need to click on the batch file, it will open a cmd prompt, ie dos box
    You do not need to do so manually.

the batch file I mean is called PrevailToExistence
  3. Rickbf

Rickbf Member

Another Stupid Question, do I leave debug on after rooting?
    All rooted, but for some strange reason, the shabbymod isn't making all that much sense to me, not in what it does, but looking at the downloaded files, it isn't all that clear............. perhaps I'll find my sanity and pull the trigger (or click on the file) Thanks!!!!!!!!!!
  4. wetbiker7

wetbiker7 Well-Known Member Contributor

It all depends on what you want to do with your phone and computer . If you just want to transfer files to the phone , turn on the USB storage . If you are doing any mods to the phone , yes , USB debugging MUST be turned on . As for making the choice to root my phone , I took about a day to decided , did some reading up on it then took the plunge and never looked back . :D
  5. Viet1982

Viet1982 Well-Known Member

Wow, I don't have internet access for ONE day and come back to some very interesting posts. So where's the one click root link again? :p No offense, I'm only kidding.
  6. wetbiker7

Rotflmbo !!!!!
  7. Rickbf

Rickbf Member

Shabbymod-ed last night. All seems right, a little odd the way the icons are presented, but nothing nothing that one can't get used to.
    Thanks for the support, paypal donation on the way.
  8. Viet1982

You can customized the icons by moving, adding or deleting them. I know one of the old versions didn't have any icons on the home screen and people were freaking out lol
  9. wetbiker7

If ya wanna jazz it up a lil , go to the Market and download some of the Go Themes . I've been playing with mine for days and am still finding new stuff to do with it . It's like Christmas in July ! Try out the screen and icon transitions in preferences too . :)
  10. Viet1982

The first time I discovered GO Launcher I literally spent a couple of hours customizing it :p I have to say it's the BEST launcher out there so far.

My Favorite theme is Black Glass.
  11. wetbiker7

Yeah , I'm running Black Glass too w/ a personal SilverSurfer wallpaper :) . It blew my mind at all the things that can be done in preferences . I agree , it's the best launcher out there . I wonder what kinda goodies Shabby has in the upcoming 9.0 ? :D
  12. Shabbypenguin

Shabbypenguin Well-Known Member Developer

you guys should check out go dialer and go sms its all i ever use :)
  13. Viet1982

There's a Go Go Gadget too! :p Lame joke!
  14. wetbiker7

I just gottem & already likem . Preesh !:D
  15. wyelkins

wyelkins Well-Known Member

Me too! Much better integration of the contact list, call log and dialer. Very handy! Thanks for the tip, Shabby!
  16. carben24

carben24 Active Member

when i run kms it says adb.exe is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file. ???? what do i do to root?
  17. wetbiker7

18. carben24

carben24 Active Member

Thanks!!!! :)
  19. carben24

carben24 Active Member

IT KEEPS ON SAYING THE SAME STUFF!!! i tried rebooting, factory reset! :(
  20. Necrotoxin

Necrotoxin Well-Known Member

Is adb.exe in the directory? Try redownloading and extract all the files in the zip.
  21. wetbiker7

I had the same problem until I removed the Sd card and clicked on the batch file when the Samsung logo appeared . Necrotoxin knows more about it than I do , I am just passing on what worked for me . Don't worry , the people here in the forum will help ya get it working . :)
  22. carben24

carben24 Active Member

it wont root because i updated my phone!!!!!! :(
  23. wetbiker7

I thought that it only locked you out if you updated while rooted . If that's the case then you are stuck w/ stock for now :( . Keep checking back w/ the thread , there are a lot of people in here that are more knowledgeable than I am when it comes to the Prevail and rooting . As I stated earlier , I can only tell you what worked for me . Good Luck ! :)
  24. Necrotoxin

Necrotoxin Well-Known Member

That's not the problem. The batch script isn't recognizing the adb.exe that should be in the same folder as it. Like I said previously try redownloading and extract all of the files.
    carben24 likes this.
  25. carben24

carben24 Active Member

thank you necrotoxin i had to extract all the files!!!!!!!!!!! :)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.