One Click Root

1. jugglerbry

jugglerbry Well-Known Member

Hi all

I'm wanting to root and install a Jellybean from onto my phone but have never done anything like this before.

I've previously had the temptation and posted here but never went through with it partly through fear of ending up without a phone at all.

I now see that the aahk is now no more so dud a quick google search and came across this
    http://www.****************/phone/htc-desire-hd/
    Has anyone heard of this or had any experience of it ?
    Personally I'm a little dubious as it states it 100% successful and even aahk didn't say this for obvious reasons
    Any advice etc on the easiest way of getting jellybean on my phone most welcome. (Do the customs jb roms have google now ?)

Thanks all

Advertisement
    :
  2. ivicakc

ivicakc Well-Known Member

there..now you can download aahk and root your phone :)
    [link removed]
    jugglerbry likes this.
  3. D-U-R-X

D-U-R-X turbo drinker Moderator

4. jugglerbry

jugglerbry Well-Known Member

Thanks D-U-R-X. Think this might be a bit too high level for me to even attempt.

Was Hopi g to install some sort if jb from but looks like I'll have to wait til upgrade time....
  5. D-U-R-X

When I rooted, it involved downgrading to an older version, for which a root exploit was available. You then had to temp (then perma) root using visionary and get s-pff using another program, before installing clockworkmod and then a custom ROM.

I had never done anything like that before and didn't consider myself that technical... it did work though. Just had to follow the steps and ask questions if you weren't sure :)
    Mehta23 likes this.
  6. D-U-R-X

Scotty had a quick look and has said that the one click tool doesn't work (he tried it on his DHD).

Usually, when a tool claims to be able to root so many different devices, it is likely to be a case of too good to be true, I'm afraid! :(
    jugglerbry and scotty85 like this.
  7. scotty85

scotty85 Guides Guide

yes... that tool wants to change your default home page and search engine,and tries to get you to download and install several other programs on your PC.

while you can delcline them all and get the program to run,it failed twice to find my device even tho it was plainly visable in cmd window right next to it,and after rebooting the phone once it ultimately failed to get root after sitting for several minutes.

in all fairness my inspire is on the latest att snese 3.0 software,for which there is no known temp root,so i did fully expect it to fail.

however given the changes this "tool" tries to get you to agree to,i would NOT advise people try it. its hard telling what it may successfully have installed without my knowledge- im in the process of a full system virus scan just to be on the safe side ;)

i may experiment with it more later. if i can determine it works for some builds and is not installing any malware or spyware i will certainly let everyone know.

even if it does work,id still recomend attn1s new manual method. it is very defiantely much safer,and will also yield s off and superCID. i will try and get a support thread up for that,for the folks that are unsure what all those steps mean :)
  8. Omar Days

Omar Days Well-Known Member

Just out of curiosity, why did the dev pull aahk?
  9. scotty85

scotty85 Guides Guide

Omar Days likes this.
  10. Omar Days

Omar Days Well-Known Member

lol he seems pretty pissed off

like another user said on that link you posted, why not put up a “No more support. It's a "Dead Project” if you download and use it, it's your headache” notice??
  11. scotty85

scotty85 Guides Guide

while i dont agree completely with his explanation,i do agree with the notion of pulling the links for it after helping numerous folks out of the particular situation a failed attempt left them in. it is a complex program that you need a basic understanding of its concepts to use and troubleshoot.

its not a "one click" root due to all the variants of ACE that exist. if someone downloads and runs the tool,without reading the manual,checking the PC environment,and thinking they just need sit back and watch it do its thing,it can leave the phone in an unbootable,and jammed up state.

it really is more of a tool for the savy,than a one click root for the novice.

the new method is really clever,IMO,and will not be hard to walk folks thru :)
    ocnbrze, El Presidente and D-U-R-X like this.