one click search contactsSupport

Last Updated:

1. erikcave

erikcave Active Member This Topic's Starter

Does anyone knowa way to set up a shortcut or widget to go directly to search all people. This phone is too slow to open people and then also wait for the search window to open. Lately I have just been searching contacts through the dialer since it is faster.

Advertisement
  2. mc48

mc48 Well-Known Member

with the htc people widget, if you press the three bars at the bottom left on the widget, it brings up all your contacts. then press the magnifying glass soft key on bottom right of your phone to search. The people widget definitely does have a lag, especially if you add a lot of contacts to your favorites. i have found if I only make a few contacts as favorites and using the smaller people widget, there isn't as much lag,

Or you can put shortcuts to a particular contact(s) anywhere by long pressing on blank screen, selecting shortcut > person and then selecting contact you want to make a short cut to. This will only make a shortcut to one person.

or if you want a shortcut to all your contacts, just long press>shortcut>program>people

3. refthemc

refthemc Well-Known Member

I just got used to clicking people then clicking the search button on the phone. If there's a one-click way then I'm all ears.

4. tdavis42

tdavis42 Guest

Put a Google search bar widget on your home screen and start typing their name in the search field. GOD don't you watch the Droid commercials?

5. tdavis42

tdavis42 Guest

Sorry I forgot we got the Stick on that feature.

6. refthemc

refthemc Well-Known Member

Ya man I don't think that feature was introduced till Donut, buts its another good reason for 2.1 :)

7. mj_b90

mj_b90 Well-Known Member

You can open up the dialer, and start typing a person's name/number with the dial pad. It will search for any contact that contains those letters or numbers.

8. grvthang

grvthang Well-Known Member

The free app abcOrganizer allows you to post a widget that displays the 30 or so most-frequently contacted people. I find it pretty handy. It also has a widget for the most recently-used bookmarks. I was using Apps Organizer to organize my apps, but I discovered abcOrganizer has more features.

9. erikcave

erikcave Active Member This Topic's Starter

Thanks for the replies. Using the dialer is the best / fastest way to get to random contact as far as I can tell.

It just that the people module is so slow to open, and it seems that pushing the search button opens a whole different module to search the contacts. I was hoping someone knew of a direct link to that search contacts module.

As much as I like the look of Sense, especially compared to stock Android 1.6, I find I am frustrated by it more and more. The people / contacts module is slow and bloated with all the notifications stuff I don't use. The calendar is crap. The dialer is laggy. The music player is laggy. Youtube videos only work 1/2 the time. Anyway, I can't wait to root this thing and run Android 2.1 on it.

10. eatsleeplaxsoccer3

eatsleeplaxsoccer3 Member

Moto blur has a shortcut that brings you right into contacts only searching. I would like a way to do this on non-moto blur handsets