• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [One Click][Updated]LG Spectrum All in One Pkg for Root, CWM Touch Recovery, and Unroot

It didnt boot into recovery so how do i install cwm? Dont i need that to do a rom? im using rom toolbox now. i need cwm.to do.it though

Ok, by your posts, you say you have root, which gives me hope. Now for the fun part. Open the all in one package with the phone connected to the computer and choose option 7 (reboot into recovery). One of three things will happen.

If your phone reboots and you see a box with an curved arrow coming out of it with the android robot standing next to it and no text, then wait for the phone to reboot and install CWM recovery with the all in one tool.

If your phone reboots into CWM recovery, then you are good to go.

If the program just hangs and your phone doesn't reboot, then either you forgot to turn debugging on in your phone, or you are set on the wrong connection mode. Make the appropriate corrections and try option 7 again.

Upvote 0
I just joined this forum, and there is a lot of great info. I appreciate all the people who came up with this process for rooting. I ran through the process as stated. I put my phone into usb connection through ethernet and had usb debugging enabled. I ran the .bat file and it successfully flashed CWM Recovery, but it froze after it said "Pushing exploit" and then "waiting to reboot again" Now it will charge when plugged into usb mode, but no options for connection type came up, and I can't run the .bat file again because it won't recognize through usb. Any ideas?

Upvote 0
stupid question, but-- if I root the Spectrum, will I need to unroot in order to receive the official ICS ota update [in the advent that it FINALLY frakking arrives]? If I can update with root active, are there any preinstalled apps I need to make sure I haven't removed from the phone? (that sports crap, bitbop, nfl mobile and tunewiki etc)

Upvote 0
No, you won't. Just make sure you freeze bloatware rather than delete it. Deleting those apps will prevent you from taking the ota.

Really, you mean even the preinstalled games?? Bummer, I loath to keep crappy apps just sitting around all frozen on my phone :( There is something distinctly satisfying about putting the total banhammer on bloatware.

If I remove them, and then reinstall them when ICS comes out, I should then be able to receive OTA updates, yeah?

Upvote 0
Really, you mean even the preinstalled games?? Bummer, I loath to keep crappy apps just sitting around all frozen on my phone :( There is something distinctly satisfying about putting the total banhammer on bloatware.

If I remove them, and then reinstall them when ICS comes out, I should then be able to receive OTA updates, yeah?
You can try, but if they're installed as a system app, you'll need to reinstall them as system apps. That's why it's best to freeze... Unfreezing restores the apps as they were.

Upvote 0
Thanks, y'all. :D I swear Android users by default are generally awesomesauce. *wrinkles nose* Unlike inferiority complex driven iPhone users. :p

I switched to the Spec from my prepaid Lg Optimus V, which was built like a friggin TANK and thanks to buying it before a certain VM push to kill free mobile hotspot, I was even able to tether on the old bastard without rooting.

But alas, the shiny called, and here I am. I was tempted by the iPhone, I really was, because the whole choir of singing angels thing at how sleek it looks, but really. I could not justify the spec fail compared to this bad boy.

/ramble.

Err.. anybody have any tips re: battery life and/or general snappiness? I have it rooted, but still on the stock rom, and i have setcpu installed and set to conservative. Except last night, I somehow ****ed up and it got switched to OnDemand, which by the way NOT BAD, I went to bed with it on 85% unplugged and aside from a quickie 10 minute crap charge in the car, it made it until 10pm tonight before it hit 12% with occassional use.

Upvote 0
I've had that happen before. Are you running rom toolbox? If so,tit sometimes overrides setcpu, so you'll wwantant to set the governor in rtb.
Make sure 'set on boot' is selected... The system will revert it otherwise.

I think the latter is what happened; that day I woke up with ondemand running, set on boot wasn't checked. I fixed it after that and I had it unplugged @ 100% at 11:30 this morning and didn't touch it until 3:30, to my surprise, the battery was still at 100% :eek: :D

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones