• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help one-handed Moment usage?

jeffdlb

Android Enthusiast
Nov 10, 2009
Maryland, USA
I have been considering getting the Moment. I was riding the ski lift yesterday, using my old Palm Centro with one hand so I could keep my glove on the other, and it made me wonder whether the Moment is possible to use well wih one hand. The slide-out keyboard seems naturally two-handed. Perhaps the on-screen keyboard in portrait mode is good enough?

(Sorry if this has been asked--a search via the mobile version of this forum did not turn it up.)

It's really up to you. I do all the time, I use Shapewrite Beta to write stuff one handed all day long. It's really how the user handles the phone.
Same here. For long text messages, e-mails, and general web stuff I use the slide out. But for shorter stuff like texts, notes, and searches I use shapewriter 1-handed in portraitmode.

Upvote 0
I have been considering getting the Moment. I was riding the ski lift yesterday, using my old Palm Centro with one hand so I could keep my glove on the other, and it made me wonder whether the Moment is possible to use well wih one hand. The slide-out keyboard seems naturally two-handed. Perhaps the on-screen keyboard in portrait mode is good enough?

(Sorry if this has been asked--a search via the mobile version of this forum did not turn it up.)

Have you looked into touchscreen friendly gloves or conductive thread (so that you can use your own gloves)? Just curious.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones