• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

One last question after leaving apple and adopting android...

speedfreak32

Jul 16, 2010
Florence KY
I have an old laptop loaded with itunes that sits in my basement. It is connected to a yamaha stereo receiver that drives all of my outdoor speakers. With my iphone I can control itunes as a music player and even control the volume. (over wifi) I see the app remote for itunes and think it may work.

Here is my question... Is there something similar I can set up without using itunes? There would have to be a pc media player and an android remote.

Thanks

I have an old laptop loaded with itunes that sits in my basement. It is connected to a yamaha stereo receiver that drives all of my outdoor speakers. With my iphone I can control itunes as a music player and even control the volume. (over wifi) I see the app remote for itunes and think it may work.

Here is my question... Is there something similar I can set up without using itunes? There would have to be a pc media player and an android remote.

Thanks

I don't know if this is exactly what you want but you can try something like gmote that can control your computer not just itunes from your android phone? Theres this itunes remote program i haven't personally tried you may took a look at it
TunesRemote: Android DACP/iTunes Remote Control

Upvote 0
I don't know if this is exactly what you want but you can try something like gmote that can control your computer not just itunes from your android phone? Theres this itunes remote program i haven't personally tried you may took a look at it
TunesRemote: Android DACP/iTunes Remote Control

That one is sketchy at best. It works but looses connection a lot.

I bought the following app today and it works flawlessly.

Remote for iTunes - Android app on AppBrain

I am still looking for a way to ditch itunes altogether.

Upvote 0
Yeah, I totally dig on MM, and then when I saw your question I searched for a remote access app and stumbled on Monkey Tunes which has an Android app for controlling (iPhone too).

Seems pretty neat! If you haven't used MM that's definitely worth a look (it's free) and the Monkey Tunes plugin has a 14 day trial (otherwise it looks like it's $10).

I might check it out this weekend too!

Upvote 0
Yeah, I totally dig on MM, and then when I saw your question I searched for a remote access app and stumbled on Monkey Tunes which has an Android app for controlling (iPhone too).

Seems pretty neat! If you haven't used MM that's definitely worth a look (it's free) and the Monkey Tunes plugin has a 14 day trial (otherwise it looks like it's $10).

I might check it out this weekend too!

So this whole post interests me. Didn't think of using my phone as a remote. So I found Monkey Media online but could you explain what and where Monkey Tunes is? Also, what Android app? Thanks!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones