• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help One M8 won't boot past Boot screen/Android is updating apps

Ad5smith

Lurker
Apr 20, 2016
I need help. I have read several threads that partially pertain to my issue. However I just want to make sure I'm doing this right.

I purchased my phone from Rent A Center. I was an employee at the time so I know the truth about these things. It was new at the time. It is unlocked for any GSM carrier. I have a year warranty through RAC on it. A couple months ago it the charger port stopped working. I sent it in to the service dept. for repairs. It came back a couple
weeks later, and it would only slow charge and you could not swipe down from the top of the screen. So I sent it back again.

I got it back today. They replaced the battery and screen. Now when I turn it on it would at first hang up at the Htc Boot screen. I read some threads, got it to the boot menu, and did a factory reset. It would do it's thing. Go all the way through the optimizing apps, and would stop at the Android is updating in apps screen.

I can't get it to get past either of these screens. If I press recovery from the boot menu, it gives me a red error icon.

I do not have anything on this phone as I wiped it before sending it in.

What do I do? I have a new laptop and USB cable.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones