1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

One Nightstand questions

Last Updated:

1. (G)

(G) Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Is anyone out there using One Nightstand as their media dock app?

I downloaded it and like the clean screen and features a lot. But there are a few things I don't understand, and there's no developer website.

1) What's the "RING" mean in the lower right corner? It's there whether I have the app muting or allowing the ringer, notifications, system sounds, and vibrations. In other words, I can't get it to go away.

2) In the EXTRAS menu, what's the difference between "Quick calendar" and "System Calendar"?

3) In the EXTRAS menu, what's "LED Blackout" do? It doesn't turn off the "back/menu/home/search" LEDs on a Moto Droid.

Thanks!

Advertisement
  2. drowe

drowe Well-Known Member

I misread the title.... I thought you were asking about One Night Stands......

3. (G)

Actually, I'm pretty sure that's where the developer came up with the name...

4. turt

turt New Member

i don't have this app installed but i would assume that "LED Blackout" refers to the green blinking LED visible when you've got a new notification, or blue LED for Twidroid, Red LED for low battery, etc .

5. cchladny

cchladny New Member

Hey (G),

I'm actually the developer of One Nightstand. We can kinda go down the list of your questions and hopefully I can help..

1) "Ring" is your current ringer mode. The things you might see are "Ring", "Vibe", or the sleep timer countdown.

2) The difference between "Quick Calendar" and "System Calendar" is when you long-press the upcoming calendar dates it's which calendar it shows you. "Quick Calendar" is the internal popup that shows you the next two weeks of calendar events, and the "System Calendar" takes you to the stock Android phone calendar.

3) Turt was correct, the "LED Blackout" keeps the LED off on most phones. My personal phone (Motorola Cliq), the LED stays on solid when the charge is 90%+, so "LED Blackout" shuts that off and keeps it from lighting up when there's a new SMS or e-mail or such.

4) There IS a developer site listed in the market listing. ;)
    http://www.sweetmerch.com

If you have any questions, feel more than free to let us know. We're always around.. The fastest way to grab us is the Bug Report option, Menu/More/Report Bug. Thanks!

- Craig
    SweetMerch.com

6. adding2n2is5

adding2n2is5 Active Member

The LED blackout doesn't seem to work for my Hero. The LED continues to stay on.

Also is there a way that the screen could turn off after so many seconds and then if you want to see the time, you could just tap the screen?

7. (G)

Thanks for the info, Craig! This one really had me baffled.

Again, thanks for that.

Saw that, but I can't seem to get to it. Firefox on my work Mac gives me a "Problem loading page" error, and IE8 on my home PC gives me a "Page not found."

Thanks again for the info!

-Gerry