One of the most overlooked pro's of the Fascinate..

Last Updated:

1. MxChino

MxChino Active Member This Topic's Starter

The mp3 player! Not only does the Fascinate have one of the best looking/performing mp3 player interfaces of ALL cellphones but the sound quality is absolutely fantastic.

I've owned many android phones including the Hero, Droid, Incredible, EVO and X. While all good phones in their own right, the one thing they had in common was a lackluster mp3 player (sound, interface).

While I do love Android, I always had a tiny bit of iphone envy just from the fact that I always had to carry two devices for listening to music and making calls. Not any more,

While I'm far from an audiophile, I can recognize a great sounding mp3 player and the Fascinate is indeed a great sounding mp3 player. Running my Sennheiser IE8's into it just plain sounds wonderful with a very attractive user interface to boot.

I've finally been able to retire my Ipod touch and can carry around one device for all my needs. Now if the price of 32 gb micro sd cards would just come down things would be perfect. If you haven't already, I would highly suggest giving it a listen. You won't be disappointed.

Advertisement
    tlctamfl likes this.
  2. Cuda52774

Cuda52774 Active Member

Just tell me how I can sync my playlists or even create playlists not in alphabetical order (i.e. songs in the order I want them in) and I'm right there with ya.

Cuda

3. ironhorse

ironhorse Well-Known Member

If I could use alac then I would be all for it. I dont want to convert all my music. I use ultimate ears ue-5c, ue-11 pro, and have a pair of westone es5 on order.

4. Lodingi

Lodingi Well-Known Member

I've been enjoying the Fascinate's audio since launch. I agree it sounds better than the iPod Touch audio. One problem I'm having is I cannot get the 5.1 surround to work. Any suggestions would be welcome.

5. nxsone

nxsone Member

I agree.I've tried other media players like double twist and mixzing but keep coming back.The ui is so much better than anything else.My only complaint is that my music skips once in a while and certain songs have a little background static.Does anybody else have these problems?

6. MxChino

Just go into the settings and make sure the equalizer and effect settings are set to "normal"

7. MxChino

No I havent had any of those problems. Are you using high quality 320kbps mp3 files?

8. Rimzy

Rimzy Well-Known Member

OMG yes! This is true. Up until yesterday. I had been using doubletwist. But it started force closing. So I decided to try the Native Mp3 player. I was blown away. I was playing with the settings, the disc view is a trip. And the 5.1 is awesome. I am actually thinking of just using doubletwist to transfer my music only. I am very impressed with it.

9. Veez

Veez Well-Known Member

great and all, but it could be louder

in my car when i plugged in my droid via aux and car audio volume set to 15 was much louder to my fascinate...now to achieve the same loudness i have to set the car volume to 17 or 18..

10. nxsone

nxsone Member

no. i think my mp3s are 256kbps.

11. saps

saps Well-Known Member

Kinda like the camera I have not spent many hours [or even minutes] using this part of the phone. But yes, its not bad. The sounds is pretty good and true; only quipe [already mentioned] is organization

12. Avalanch3

Avalanch3 Well-Known Member

The 5.1 only works when you play the music with a device hooked into the headphone jack, ie headphones or speakers or your car. The 5.1 doesn't work with the single speaker on the Fascinate.

13. Fynx

Fynx Well-Known Member

The audio player is pretty nice. It streams my music from dropbox, but not in 5.1. Pandora sounds great, but sadly no 5.1 support. Does anyone know what audio chip they are using to get this sound?

14. MxChino

I believe its a wolfson chip.

15. Cuda52774

Cuda52774 Active Member

I had heard about Doubletwist but saw people were having trouble with it. Well, I finally downloaded it and it worked perfectly syncing my itunes playlists in the order I had them. I can finally put my ipod to the side and just have one device for music and phone. Woo Hoo!

Cuda

16. droid928

droid928 Well-Known Member

I agree that this is the best android music player, at least as good as, if not better than the ipod's music player.

A few things I wish they would change:

- Music does not pause when you take out headphones (moto-droid)
    - No "shuffle all" button or option when you have all songs listed (ipod)
    - Needs ability to show lyrics from ID tags when you tap the screen (ipod)
    - Needs easier access to adding song directly to playlist (and creating one) and access to settings (equalizer). Maybe buttons on each side of the "now playing" button or when you press menu replacing the shop and add to quicklist button with those. (moto-droid has it more accessible)
    - Needs a delete song option in the actual player, instead of going to my files to delete the song. (moto-droid)
    - I like the black and white album cover background when you had an album's tracks listed (moto droid)

Yeah I may be nitpicking and the positives easily outweigh the negatives. I put the other devices that have bc those options do exist so it can be done here. Not too major and I don't think these things are a deal breaker. The music player is one of the main reason why I got this phone. I personally think its the best one on the market.

17. saps

saps Well-Known Member

Shuffle All button:
    [​IMG]

18. droid928

droid928 Well-Known Member

Yeah, of course I know that is there!! The thing is, you have to pick a song first and then it would shuffle from there.

I'm talking about when you get the list of all songs, and for example on the ipod there is "shuffle all" on top of that list. So, you don't have to pick a song first, you just press "shuffle all" and it randomly starts shuffling all songs. There is the same for the Moto Droid's music player, "Global shuffle" and "party shuffle" - something like that.

19. rbcole123

rbcole123 Member

I'm new to Android phones, just got the Samsung Fascinate. Can I use the Samsung music player on the phone with doubletwist software on my pc? Would doubletwist simply sync with the music player?

20. Eazail70x7

Eazail70x7 Well-Known Member

You guys are lucky. Us Epic owners got stuck with vanilla android :(

I had enough of vanilla from my last phone, wanted the touchwiz...

21. MxChino

That's pretty crazy that sprint asked for that to be removed. Does it still have excellent sound quality?

22. MxChino

Yes. That's how I've been syncing it. I was using iTunes agent before that which I almost like more its not as buggy.

23. Veez

Veez Well-Known Member

im curious..while listening to the music player in the car via aux, and someone calls you...with my droid, the convo would be heard throughout my car speakers..does that also happen with the SF?

24. Eazail70x7

Eazail70x7 Well-Known Member

I don't think sprint asked for it to be removed, I think there were complications due to the keyboard. This is why we don't have some of the touch wiz features. There is still hope for the features being added with the froyo update.

Also, yes music sounds great with this phone. The phone has 5.1 surround sound like all the galaxy phones. Only problem is we can only use it on the video player screen. If I want to hear my music in 5.1, I have to use astro to open the music up inside the video player. Then I can hit the 5.1 button. (lol)

25. Eris_2.1_2010

Eris_2.1_2010 Well-Known Member

Has anyone noticed when using the stock player while the phone is locked, there's a half circle at the top and when you pull it down there's the music controls and track info. That's just awesome and better looking than the htc lockscreen. (IMHO)

MutantCheese likes this.