• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help One problem to another

Sam 95

Sep 13, 2010
Got my replacement the other day (had screen separation on left side) which is all fine except the screen has a very distinct yellow tinge, the whites are not as white and the blacks are not as black. :( Does this mean that I have another faulty machine? or will thee screen improve as I use it? Looking at them side by side it is VERY noticeable, dont know if I would have noticed without a side by side comparison. :thinking:

59f25df2-9865-e6d1.jpg

Reactions: coco3133
Upvote 0
Changing the brightness doesn't make much difference to the temp at all. I fund an app on the play store called screen adjuster and if you increase the blue tint it does improve it. But when I pick up my old one I'm amazed by the screen this one with the colour temp adjusted is OK. I sent Google an email with the pictures just to see what they say.

Upvote 0
My replacement is fine and white thankfully. One thing I have noticed that in low lighting the screen flickers a bit but taking it off auto brightness cures that. Looks like you have sadly been unlucky a second time. I had many iPad 3s before I got a decent one so this is not by any means only an Asus thing nor does it seem related to cost!

Good luck with Google.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones