One question (for now) from a Slide newbie...

Last Updated:

1. themartinz

themartinz New Member This Topic's Starter

I want to get rid of the stupid Myfaves icon on the main screen, but I'm happy with the default screen other than the icon.

Per similar posts, I've tried various launchers, but I didn't like them all that much.

Can I just get rid of that one icon and put something else in its place?

Advertisement
  2. Robinelli

Robinelli Well-Known Member

Can't you just drag it to the trashcan? Just put your finger on the myfaves menu and do a long press. The trashcan will pop up. Drag it to the trash can. It should take it to the pull out menu instead. Let me know if that works.

3. themartinz

No. I guess calling it an "icon" might not be the proper term. It is the touchscreen button at the very bottom right, next to the button that brings up all the apps.

4. Robinelli

Robinelli Well-Known Member

Oh. I think there is an app for that. I have seen some screenshots with a different layout. I don't know what it is called though!

5. mwl1119

mwl1119 Well-Known Member

It is slightly useless and annoying that you can't change it (yet) without a home replacement app.

But at least it does not have a dedicated hardware key ala the Behold II's "cube".

6. themartinz

I guess I will probably just get used to it. To be honest, and I've only had this phone less than a week, I do miss my Blackberry (which I dunked in a lake).

Overall, Blackberry apps aren't as good, the browser sucks, and the screen is small. But as a pure communicator, the blackberry is far better. Email and texting is far better on the crackberry.

My impressions so far of this phone are that the native apps kind of suck, but there are tons of third party apps. Although, a lot of the third party apps are so new, they have a lot of flaws. Even some of the official apps have issues. For instance, I put the official yahoo messenger app on. There is NO option to log out! How stupid is that?

I'm hoping I get used to this phone and learn to appreciate it. I'm a 5 year Blackberry user and like a crack head, I was addicted to the crackberry.

7. themartinz

Oh yeah... this thing sucks up battery life too!

8. rleal2010

rleal2010 Well-Known Member

I would suggest you look at the motorola charm, which is 'similar' to the blackberry.

its the first querty (qwerty??) android phone.

I know that you NEED physical keyboard, so that might be the way to go. Also it doesnt have that notifications button on the home screen.

9. Deathmetalchan

Deathmetalchan Member

It really IS useless. It's never really bugged me, though.

10. eye4863

eye4863 Active Member

ADW launcher is pretty great so far highly customizable... Don't really miss htc sense... Just give it a try...