One S frozen on startupSupport

1. mspotter

mspotter New Member

hopefully someone can help with this!!

I'm pretty clueless at this so bear with me!

I've got a HTC one S and it is stuck on the startup screen. It shows the first htc logo then the second one with the sound then it shows the HTC One S logo (the bit with the beats audio at the bottom of the screen) and thats where it sticks.
    I tried holding the power button down and that makes the 3 touch buttons at the bottom flash and restarts the phone but it sticks at exactly the same point every time. All it does is stick on that screen until the battery dies.
    I've read on here about holding the volume button down with the power to do a factory reset, do you think that would work?
    Also will that totally wipe the memory? Is there any way of getting the photos off the phone before i do it? damn these phones without removeable memory cards!!!! I'v tried connecting the phone to my laptop but it wont let me access any files to transfer them, it recognises there is a phone attached but wont recognise it as a disc drive to access the files.
    Really sorry if that makes little to no sense but please help!!

Advertisement
  2. Elyssae2

Elyssae2 New Member

My new HTC One X just did the same thing. It's stuck during loading and only gets as far as the HTC one white screen (with Beatsaudio at the bottom) I have held down the on.off button til the three lights blinked at the bottom and nothing changed. I did hold down the vol -on the side at the same time and the phone turned off and went back through the cycle, but it's gettig stuck at the same spot. Did yours finally work? What should I do? There's no way to remove the battery on this phone or this would be an easier problem to fix :(
  3. gibbs1984

gibbs1984 Well-Known Member

This could be to both posts really.

I assume your phone worked at one point?

What did you do before the phone got stuck on the HTC logo, did you install any apps?

Can you get into Safe Mode, do the following:

Restart your phone, when the screen lights up hold the volume down button until the phone boots completely and you should be in safe mode.
    You can confirm it if it says SAFE MODE in bottom-left corner.

If you can't and you haven't installed anything or done anything yourself that can cause this then I'd send the phone to HTC for repair.