one step that bothers me.

Last Updated:

1. Dark Jedi

Dark Jedi Guest This Topic's Starter

with the 2.2 froyo roms out. do you still need to flash the phone to 2.0.1 then to 2.1 and then to 2.2. or is it from 2.1 to 2.2? I think I can figure out the rest. Just wondering if I have to backstep so far?

I know I am a noob and will be the first to say it :D

Advertisement
  2. bp328i

bp328i Well-Known Member

Well, if your not rooted (which means your on 2.1) you can RSD Lite SPRecovery and then from SPRecovery you can load any 2.1 or 2.2 ROM, but remember before you install a new ROM you need to Wipe/Factor Reset while in SPRecovery..

Once you RSD Lite SPRecovery follow this.... http://androidforums.com/roms-droid/118513-how-install-custom-rom.html

3. G.Armour

G.Armour You know you want to. VIP Member

^^^ what he said

If you can't convince them, confuse them.

4. Dark Jedi

ok got sp recovery loaded but when I go to load the BB froyo .4 rom will not load and I wipe cache and all that but wont install the rom?

5. Dark Jedi

Ok I figured it out. I knew I was missing something in the steps. Thank you so much for the help I went ahead and thanked you. Love 2.2 so much. No problems as to speak of. Running bb. 4 and loving it. Again thanks

6. bp328i

bp328i Well-Known Member

No problem, glad I could help :)

7. The_Chief

The_Chief Accept no imitations! Moderator

Welcome to the big wide world of ROMs! Now make a backup! :)

8. Dark Jedi

Well been a few hours and must say all the lag I had in my phone is gone. Just installed adobe flash thanks to the other post. Now you say back up my stuff. So how I do that now lol.

Wish I would of rooted my phone long ago. Thanks alot lol.will try and mess with themes later on. I am at the drive in going to see prince of persia. Hope its good

9. The_Chief

The_Chief Accept no imitations! Moderator

Easy: in SPRecovery, just do an advanced nandroid backup (select ALL the options) or you can make a backup in ROM Manager if you have ClockworkMod Recovery.

Enjoy the movie! :)

10. Dark Jedi

It is done and so easy. Thank you and all of you are being so easy on me and taking the time to help me with my questions. I don't think I will overclock the phone as of now. It seems fast enough to me and when I charge it. The phone don't get blazing hot like it did with the stock 2.1. So I am hoping my battery life improves. Will find out tomorrow night when I run my streaming audio program. Normal full charge was 5 to 6 hours. So I hope I can squeeze a full 8 out of it.

So if you have any more suggestions feel free to pm me them. Love to try new things that can be helpful