One stop shop....for the best prices in the US!Tips

Last Updated:

1. rawhide85

rawhide85 Well-Known Member

Just wondering, how many of you are getting your phones on release day? I'm hoping for some sort of discounts in the days after release, i.e., Costco, Best Buy, or other retailer. Also, I wonder if Samsung is planning a "trade-in" program like they did in the UK? Kudos to Simon for scoring with his trade-in of an old portable handset!!! Please post any discounts that you may find. Also, please list them per carrier.

Advertisement
  2. Mdraej99

Mdraej99 Well-Known Member

Sprint has the highest price but they do have the buy back program for your old phone. I looked up the buy back program for best buy and they don't offer it any more. Not sure I can wait..lol
  3. archer75

archer75 Well-Known Member

I'm hoping to get it somewhere that doesn't charge me an activation fee for just plugging in the sim card I already have. So probably new off of ebay. Unless anyone has any other suggestions? I'm on AT&T.
  4. rawhide85

Archer- You can always try to see if a rep at your local AT&T store can put you on a premiere account.....as you DO work for a state agency.....right!!! You don't have to pay an activation fee when you do plus a 15% discount on service. Also, I'll let you know if I find any deals
  5. archer75

archer75 Well-Known Member

Oh I have a premeire account thanks to my company and a 16% discount. However when I bought my S4 they still charged me an activation fee.
  6. rawhide85

Well, then you need to call 611 from your phone (you will get a business care rep) and confirm no activation fee. Also, have them notate the account so when you go to purchase it you won't have to. You also get free 2 day shipping with online orders. Edit: You will have to pay an upgrade fee if your upgrading a device. I think it's $36.
  7. KOLIO

KOLIO SERIAL AGNOANDROIDIST Guide

^^^^
    Perhaps this is a case of YMMV,but,I had no problem locating this on BEST BUYS' website:

Best Buy Trade-In

Unless,BB had an actual cash-for-clunkers type of program,where no purchase was/is necessary?
    Otherwise,trade-in appears alive & well............
    Mdraej99 likes this.
  8. rawhide85

Thanks KOLIO. $68 for a perfect, unlocked, and rooted Infuse is nuts. I'll sell it on Ebay and cut my losses. I just hope Samsung does the"trade in a device"program like in the UK. Fingers crossed.
    KOLIO likes this.
  9. KOLIO

I know,not the BEST DEAL @ BEST BUY,only $200-$210 for a good-to-perfect HTC ONE.Took little effort to get much more for it locally.
  10. Mdraej99

Mdraej99 Well-Known Member

Thanks ..I don't know what I was looking at last night ..lol
  11. rawhide85

12. rawhide85

Well , it's been over a month since last posting. Just wondering if anyone knows of any deals, discounts, or promos? Please list by country and carrier. Anything to save the community would be great.
  13. KOLIO

T-MOBILE (USA) has a trade-in program. After purchase of any phone, you have 14 days to take advantage of the trade-in offer on their website.

You're given a code (on your receipt/proof-of-purchase) when purchasing your phone, which you enter when using the website's trade-in tool.

Of course, YMMV as to the value of your trade-in allowance, depending on condition & model of phone.
    rawhide85 likes this.
  14. rawhide85

Costco has the N3 for $229.99 plus a mail-in rebate of $50 with 2yr contract. Not only is this a great price, but it comes with an accessory pack. Available online or in-store till December 26th.

Samsung Galaxy Note
  15. Digital Controller

Digital Controller The Real Bass Creator Guide

I know there were some good deals at Best Buy with the Note 3 I don't know if theyre still active.
  16. WIZKID55

WIZKID55 Active Member

I saw today note 3 $149.00 for new subscribers at best buy
    rawhide85 likes this.
  17. rawhide85

18. rawhide85

AT&T is offering the Note 3 for $149.99 for new subscribers. However, I was able to get the same deal through an AT&T customer service rep for being a long time customer in good standing! Also, I called Square Trade and the rep gave me a promo code for $90 for a two year with a $75 deductible.
  19. drexappeal

drexappeal Well-Known Member

Congrats!
    rawhide85 likes this.
  20. rawhide85

Thanks drex. After following the N3 from rumor, to launch event, to release, I'm finally going to own it! Now just got to buckle down and research rooting.
    dustwun77 likes this.
  21. chong67

chong67 Well-Known Member

You can get it everyday for $620 at Frys. No contract.

It was $600 few weeks ago.
  22. Privyet

Privyet Active Member

I was able to upgrade my phone on verizon to a note 3 for $150. The chat person gave me $50 off the online price
  23. ScandaLeX

ScandaLeX Wasn't Me Guide

My days of spending that kind of money on a phone outright are long gone. With all the new phones that keep coming out I'll end up having to move my furniture into one of those phone boxes.