• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root One Stop Shopping for Fascinate Kernels

Well all the voodoo kernels that is. Where are the non voodoo ones?
Is there another thread?:D

opps didn't read long enough lol
Well, the links in the first post are consistent with the thread title. Part of the reason this thread was created was that nonvoodoo and voodoo Ghz kernels are available in Rom Manager, but OC voodoo was not. Also at the time of creation there were no OC'd non voodoo and geeknik does have his own website/webpage for his kernels. Now at present nemesis has made a thread over at xda. But since not everyone goes to xda or irc this thread will continue to exist and I think I will even revise the OP to include the new geeknik kernel.

Reactions: Damon1328
Upvote 0
Well, the links in the first post are consistent with the thread title. Part of the reason this thread was created was that nonvoodoo and voodoo Ghz kernels are available in Rom Manager, but OC voodoo was not. Also at the time of creation there were no OC'd non voodoo and geeknik does have his own website/webpage for his kernels. Now at present nemesis has made a thread over at xda. But since not everyone goes to xda or irc this thread will continue to exist and I think I will even revise the OP to include the new geeknik kernel.

and we appreciate the thread saps :D

Upvote 0
You like those nerdy girls saps?

hqdefault.jpg

Upvote 0
OP updated for v1.1

"OTB 1.1 has fix for missing bitmaps in voodoo cwm and some updates to voodoo. What has not changed is clocks and voltages. If you were unable to run at a certain speed before you probably won't be able to handle it now either."-nemesis2all

Upvote 0
How are the LV tests going? Don't hold out on us :p

edit for anyone wondering: http://androidforums.com/fascinate-...ies-out-there-super-low-volt-kernel-test.html
Yeah the phone is stable wih adryn's uber uv. Its more or less fine but every once in awhile I can see a small touch of [I dont wanna use the word lag] hesitation. Im talking like .1-.2 seconds on conservative versus interactive. Mind you this is only in very selective apps at certain times. Most wont see it. I think both adryn and nemesis have implied this uber uv might not be the greatest on battery life because there code be something miss matched in the code. Im currently running the unreleased/test kernel from nemesis which has the same uv as ardyn 1Ghz kernel test 2 12/16, only diff is nemesis' top step is 1.2Ghz @1275mv

Upvote 0
OP updated with
Bonus #2 - Uber UV & OC
This is an unreleased test by he did consent to sharing it :) [same uv as in adrynalyne's 12/16 test 2] so its -100mv from stock at 100, 200Mhz, -50mv from stock at 400, 800Mhz and -25mv from stock at 1200Mhz. He says look for an official revision to the UL kernels soon TEST_ul_1200.zip

Its been stable for me, be careful with the interactive governor I got one freeze on it in my stability test game Lets Golf 2 by gameloft. [Thats kinda a me issue though since on my SF 1.2Ghz is only purely stable with 1250mv.] Otherwise its been fine on conservative.

Upvote 0
Still getting a little non-lag hesitation?
Yeah like 1-2% of the time coming from a fresh boot, its nothing Id call even a mild concern, the second time the same app is re-visited [aka once its cached] its gone even with conservative governor.

Best testimony I can give for this kernel is I went to sleep at 1am with 79% battery and woke at 653am with 79% battery no airplane mode or anything just didnt receive a text or email during that time though.
Also I watched 1h45m movie on my phone and it only drained 18%, normally that duration of movie would drain closer to 25%
so much voodoo so lil time haha d/l now ;)
Make the time for this kernel my friend, make the time :cool: Unbelievable to go to sleep and not lose a single % on the battery

Reactions: Damon1328
Upvote 0
I had that with the old otb ul that was at 1250 on the top end so I went back to the 1275. I thought it was an xscope update at first. Weird. Not a freeze, not a "force close" popup, just closed out randomly here and there

Yea I had that then to. Hadn't heard anything of it this time and didn't happen earlier today just started happening tonight. I think I'm going to wait it out til at least tomorrow

Upvote 0
Anyone on the ul test having browser closing issues?

I had that with the old otb ul that was at 1250 on the top end so I went back to the 1275. I thought it was an xscope update at first. Weird. Not a freeze, not a "force close" popup, just closed out randomly here and there

i also had that problem on the original otb lv 1200....i flashed ul 1200 yesterday morning and had no browser problems on it with the random closes....but my phone seems to be ok with these voltages as between that and adryns kernel i ran 3 days without any issues.

david, i think your phone is more of a fan of the 1200sv? i recall....could be it just doesnt see eye to eye with the kernel :)

Upvote 0
Just ran 18.5 hours with nemesis's 1200 OTB .3 (-100mv from 100mhz-800mhz and stock from 1000-1200mhz) and plugged in for bed with 35% left! That's with browsing, angry birds, phone calls, syncing most the day. Pretty happy with that! Also no lag :)
Yeah what Im noticing with the uber uv is there is moderate gain when you use the phone but the significant battery gain comes when the phone is asleep

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones