One touch dialing help

Last Updated:

1. dkb43

dkb43 New Member This Topic's Starter

This is what I want the end result to be. I have the screen to left of my home screen clear. What I NEED for this screen is to have 8 one touch phone contacts that I can clearly tell the difference between. The 8 would consist of 4 people, my 4 supervisors with both of their phone numbers (office & cell).

I tried 2 folders, one for office and one for cell. I don't like it that way. Using these, in some cases will need to be quick, and the folder doesn't stay open when you move away from the screen. If I put them directly on the screen neither the icon nor the title show the difference between the office and the cell.

Then I created groups for cell and office in Google contact.s I added the HTC People widget (the tall one) for both. The widgets, of course, stay open, but when I touch the button it only takes me to the contact card.

An app, thoughts, suggestions?????

Advertisement
  2. eyebeam

eyebeam Well-Known Member

Try "Speed Dial" (I think that's the one Eyebette uses). It lets you name the icon whatever you want.

3. BigCiX

BigCiX Well-Known Member

Download contact widget. It puts same contact photo that you use right on the screen. From there you can text or call. Pretty clean and simple.

4. mcatdtDROID

mcatdtDROID Banned

I had speed dial folder, but it's not one touch

Question.... will simply adding a contact widget by long pressing the homescreen, clicking widget, clicking direct dial not work?

I have always had a speeddial pad mentality for my contacts going back to the days of the Razr.

I simply added 9 direct dial widgets in the configuration of a standard dialpad. Shows their pictures and everything.

I've expanded that thought a little by adding a 'row' inbetween rows 1 and 2, and again between row 2 and 3.

One problem I had though, sometimes, the slide button on my droid is activated, then I end up pocket dialing (usually #5)

Later, I found "more icons" widget. It allows you to place 4 shortcuts, icons, and even direct dials in the normal space that 1 takes. I was able to reduce the size of my pad down to a 1/4 of it's overall size, with plenty of size that I had no problems dialing the person I wanted.