• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help one touch dialing help!

Ebaumann

Jun 15, 2010
I need a way to turn off the fact that if I tough a contact once incorrectly it calls them. It's really annoying for me and i end up calling friends when I don't want to, then the phone turns black when it's calling someone for protection and I can't hang up right away. I can't believe this isn't a setting to turn off somewhere. Anything would work I guess, even if it's just an app that asks you to confirm if you want to make a call.

Anyone else heard of a fix to this? I would be forever in your debt..

You can also have Google voice ask you if you want to use google voice for the call. It adds a second layer of protection.

As for the screen turning black, for me it is because my hand usually is above the light sensor and it thinks the phone is up to my face. To turn screen back on I just move my hand away from sensor.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones